|City of license||Liberty, Mississippi|
|Broadcast area||South-Central Mississippi|
|Branding||The Touch 107.7|
|First air date||1998|
|HAAT||100 meters (330 ft)|
|Owner||Charles W. Dowdy|
|Sister stations||WAKK, WKJN, WAPF|
WAZA (107.7 FM, "The Touch") is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Liberty, Mississippi. The station is owned and operated by Charles W. Dowdy, debtor-in-possession, following the September 2011 bankruptcy filing by Southwest Broadcasting, Inc.
WAZA was launched as an urban outlet branded as "The Spot 107.7" in 1998. In mid-2010, the station flipped to sports talk as a Fox Sports Radio affiliate branded as "Sportstalk 107.7FM". Since April 2011, the station has broadcast an urban contemporary music format branded as "The Touch 107.7" to South-Central Mississippi.
WAZA was also the call letters of an AM station in the 1970s in Bainbridge, Georgia.
After applying in July 1996, this station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on January 22, 1998. The new station was assigned the WAZA call sign by the FCC on February 20, 1998. WAZA received its license to cover from the FCC on September 25, 1998.
On September 21, 2011, Charles W. Dowdy, acting as the sole owner of license holder Southwest Broadcasting, Inc., dissolved the corporation and assigned the broadcast licenses it held (WAZA plus sister stations WAKH, WAKK, WAPF, WFCG, WJSH, WKJN, and WTGG) to himself acting as debtor in possession before initiating a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The FCC approved the license transfer on December 19, 2011.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BPH-19960708MC)". FCC Media Bureau. January 22, 1998. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. February 20, 1998. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Application Search Details ()". FCC Media Bureau. September 25, 1998. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "FCC Form 316, Section III, Item 5: Description of the Transaction". Federal Communications Commission. November 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Application Search Details ( BALH-20111129GBX)". FCC Media Bureau. December 19, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WAZA
- Radio-Locator information on WAZA
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WAZA