|City of license||Battle Creek, Michigan|
|Broadcast area|| (Daytime)
|Translator(s)||102.7 W274AQ (Battle Creek)|
|First air date||1948 (as WBCK)|
|Power||5,000 watts (Daytime)
1,000 watts (Nighttime)
|Former callsigns||WBCK (1948-2014)|
(Midwest Communications, Inc.)
WTOU is a radio station in Battle Creek, Michigan, United States, owned by Duey Wright's Midwest Communications, Inc. It broadcasts in the AM radio band at 930 kHz. Formerly known as WBCK, it featured a full-service MOR/adult contemporary format for years, evolving into news/talk by the mid-1990s.
The sale of the Battle Creek Radio Group from Clear Channel Communications to Cumulus Media has been completed. 95.3 WBXX began to simulcast with the news/talk format of AM 930 and WBXX's former adult contemporary format moved to 104.9 (formerly WRCC). 95.3 FM became the permanent home of WBCK's news/talk format.
On March 21, 2008, AM 930 dropped the simulcast with 95.3 FM and started airing a classic country format and became known as Country 93. The format has since evolved from classic country to contemporary country.
On April 10, 2012, WBCK changed their format to sports, branded as "The Score." Programming comes from CBS Sports Radio. Current Radio assumed the station's license from Cumulus on August 31, 2013.
Michiguide.com reported on May 23, 2014 that Midwest Communications had also purchased a LPFM translator from the Calvary Radio Network in Battle Creek (W274AQ on 102.7 MHz) for $USD 45,000, with the intention of repeating WBCK.
- Venta, Lance (23 January 2014). "MIDWEST EXPANDS IN BATTLE CREEK". RadioInsight. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "FCC Authorization". FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101635814&formid=345&fac_num=157034 On July 1, 2014, WBCK changed their call letters to WTOU and then went silent on July 3.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WTOU
- Radio-Locator Information on WTOU
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WTOU
|This article about a radio station in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|