|City of license||Brunswick, Georgia|
|Translator(s)||96.3 W242CJ (Brunswick)|
|First air date||1940 (as WMOG)|
|Format||Urban Adult Contemporary|
|Power||600 watts unlimited|
|Former callsigns||WMOG (1940-2014)|
(AMFM Radio Licenses, L.L.C.)
WBGA (1490 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an urban adult contemporary format. Licensed to Brunswick, Georgia, USA, the station serves the Brunswick area. The station is owned by iHeartMedia, Inc., through licensee AMFM Radio Licenses, L.L.C.
Previous call sign WMOG was said to be an acronym for "Wonderful Marshes of Glynn". The original station was located on the FJ Torras Causeway, overlooking the Glynn County marshes between Brunswick and St. Simons Island.
Former On Air Personalities: Richard Anderson (1982-1984)
On May 1, 2014, WMOG changed their format from oldies (as "The Beach") to classic hits, rebranded as "Big 96.3".
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WMOG, to Clear Channel Communications for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media. The transaction was consummated on September 9, 2014.
On September 8, 2014, WMOG changed their format to urban adult contemporary, branded as "B96.3 Jamz", under new call letters, WBGA.
- "WBGA Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Brunswick, GA Stations Swap Locations
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WBGA
- Radio-Locator Information on WBGA
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WBGA
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W242CJ
- Radio-Locator information on W242CJ
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|