|City of license||Alexander City, Alabama|
|Translator(s)||99.1 W256BZ (Alexander City)|
|First air date||1948|
|Power||1,000 watts (day)
48 watts (night)
|Former callsigns||WXTH (1990-1992)
|Owner||Alabama Christian Radio|
WBNM (1050 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Alexander City, Alabama, USA. The station is owned by Alabama Christian Radio with WJHO-FM and simulcasts on FM translator 99.1 W256BZ. It airs a Southern Gospel format.
In August 2004, Casey Network LLC (Jimmy Jarrell, president/CEO) reached an agreement to sell this station, then known as WRFS, to Joy Christian Communications Inc. (Ed L. Smith, president) for a reported sale price of $175,000. At the time of the sale, the station broadcast an adult contemporary music format.
In January 2007, Joy Christian Communications Inc. (Ed Smith, president) reached an agreement to sell this station to Racquel Humphrey for a reported sale price of $230,000. At the time of the sale, the station broadcast a Southern Gospel music format.
In the spring of 2012, WBNM switched to Citadel's (now part of Cumulus Media) Real Country format, and then in the fall of 2012, the former "Solid Gospel" format of WJHO began broadcasting on WBNM and its new FM translator at 99.1.
- "AM History Profile: WBNM". Alabama Broadcast Media Page. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Changing Hands - 8/30/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. August 30, 2004.
- "Deals - 1/22/2007". Broadcasting & Cable. January 22, 2007.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WBNM
- Radio-Locator Information on WBNM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WBNM
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W256BZ
- Radio-Locator information on W256BZ
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|