|City of license||Bradford, Pennsylvania|
|Broadcast area||Northwestern, PA and Southwestern, NY|
|Slogan||The Rock Station!|
|First air date||1987|
|Audience share||4.5 (Fall 2009, )|
|Affiliations||Buffalo Bills Radio Network|
(Radio Station WESB, Inc.)
|Webcast||http://www.100.1thehero.com/listen Listen Live]|
WBRR is an FM radio station in Bradford, Pennsylvania. The station, operated by sister station WESB, is a classic-leaning mainstream rock format station branded as "100.1 The Hero" (HERO being a previous acronym for High Energy Rockin' Oldies).
Morning show jocks Scott Douglas and Frank Williams, whose morning show (known as "The Morning Buzz") also double as the station's drive time and midday jocks respectively. All staff is shared with WESB.
For most of the 1990s and early 2000s, WBRR was an oldies/classic hits outlet known as "Cool 100". In 2007, major changes were made to the morning show (adding Douglas, who was previously the morning host and program director at classic rock WQRS) and minor changes to the format that people who despise variety love, and now features classic rock.In August 2008, Igor was tapped to do Nights on WBRR. Igor joined after working at 100.7 WMMS and 92.3 Xtreme Radio in Cleveland and Q92 in Canton, Ohio. The station subsequently moved from eighth place in the market to third with the addition of 90's and New Rock.
On September 27, 2009, WBRR began airing the Jamestown, New York-based outdoor program "Grizzly Gary's Goin' Fishin' and Huntin'" on Sunday mornings.
WBRR is a Buffalo Bills football affiliate.
Syndicated weekend shows can be heard weekly on WBRR:
Floydian Slip Friday 11:00pm–12:00am
House of Hair Saturday 8:00pm –11:00pm
Classic Rock Live Sunday 9:00am–11:00am
Chop Shop Sunday 8:00pm–10:00pm
In March 2009 WBRR branded itself as "The Rock Station of the Twin Tiers". With the aforementioned WQRS's shift to country music and the establishment of full service/classic hits WGWE in 2010, WBRR has filled a niche as the western Twin Tiers' only rock station.
In 2011 WBRR brands itself as "The Rock Station!"
In January 2012 WBRR started streaming online at www.100.1thehero.com
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2011)|
- Igor wins 2 PAB 2012 Awards- Outstanding Local Radio Personality, Radio Promotional Announcement
- Scott Douglas/Frank Williams win PAB's 2011 Outstanding Local Radio Personality/Team for The Morning Buzz
- Igor wins PAB's 2009 Outstanding Promotional Announcement
- Frank Williams wins PAB's 2009 Outstanding Local Sports Announcer
- Igor wins PAB's 2010 Outstanding Promotional Announcement
- Frank Williams wins PAB's 2010 Outstanding Local Sports Announcer [not in citation given]
- Igor win PAB's 2011 Outstanding Radio Commercial[not in citation given]
- WBRR official Web site
- WESB Inc. Web site
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBRR
- Radio-Locator information on WBRR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBRR