|City of license||Clinton, North Carolina|
|Power||5,000 watts day
1,000 watts critical hours
|Callsign meaning||W CLiNton or W Christian Listening Network|
|Owner||Christian Listening Network, Inc.|
WCLN (1170 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an Oldies format. Licensed to Clinton, North Carolina, USA. The station is currently owned by Christian Listening Network, Inc. and features programing from ABC Radio .
Larry Carr of Clinton operated WCLN, a daytime-only station, and WCLN-FM prior to the 1991 purchase of the 16-year-old stations by Willis Broadcasting Corp. of Norfolk, Virginia. The stations' format would be adult contemporary music and oldies.
In 2012, WCLN played oldies along with locally oriented programming including Clinton High School sports. The hosts of the morning show can be seen through glass from the outside, as is true for the Today show.
- "Virginia Firm Buys Clinton Radio Station," The Fayetteville Observer, July 13, 1991.
- Michael Futch, "It's All Christmas, All the Time at WFLB," The Fayetteville Observer, December 9, 1994.
- "The Cape Fear Region's Information Resources," The Fayetteville Observer, March 22, 1997.
- "News, Information and Entertainment Sources," The Fayetteville Observer, June 24, 2000.
- Futch, Michael (2012-03-05). "Clinton radio team early to rise for 'The Morning Show' on WCLN-AM". Fayetteville Observer. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WCLN
- Radio-Locator Information on WCLN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WCLN
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|