|City of license||Columbus, Ohio|
|Broadcast area||Columbus, Ohio|
|Slogan||"Jazz Brewed Just The Way You Like It"|
|First air date||March 21, 2007|
|HAAT||40.5 meters (133 feet)|
|Owner||Bexley Public Radio Foundation|
WCRX-LP (102.1 FM) is a low-power FM radio station licensed to serve Columbus, Ohio, USA. WCRX-LP is a not-for-profit, volunteer, non-commercial community radio station whose broadcast license is held by the Bexley Public Radio Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Programming and broadcast operations are managed by Sax Entertainment Music and Media.
Established in March 2007, WCRX-LP broadcasts a community radio jazz music format to the greater Columbus, Ohio, area. It broadcasts from 3AM to 3PM, seven days a week, sharing the frequency with WCRS-LP. Local programming includes local news, community events and information, jazz music programming 7 days a week with specialty hosted programs such as the Mid Afternoon Music Showcase on weekday afternoons, hosted by Sax Johnson, The Morning Brew on weekday mornings, hosted by Tony Valdez, Jazz Trip on Tuesday mid-mornings, hosted by Jim Meredith, a Saturday morning feature Take Your Places! hosted by Candy Bennett, Saturday late morning Jazz Life, hosted by Marilyn Coleman, Sunday morning Gospel jazz program, Jazz For The Soul, Sunday late morning Jazz Over Easy, hosted by Allen Honigberg and on Sunday afternoon, The Sunday Jazz Journal, hosted by Hiram LaGree, plus local business news and stock market reports.
The station is testing web streaming and plans to provide permanent web streaming in the future.
After applying to the FCC in January 2001, this station ultimately received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on October 5, 2005. The new station was assigned the WCRX-LP call sign by the FCC on April 7, 2006. After resolving an engineering amendment to the original permit, WCRX-LP received its license to cover from the FCC on March 21, 2007.
- Matuszak, John. "Bexley Public Radio returns airwaves to community". Columbus Messenger. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BNPL-20010122AAW)". FCC Media Bureau. October 5, 2005.
- Martineau, Gail (August 6, 2008). "Station finds a home in Whitehall garage". Bexley ThisWeek.
- Hambrick, Jennifer (January 2008). "Columbus Community Radio Takes Off in '08". Short North Gazette.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BLL-20070320ANB)". FCC Media Bureau. March 21, 2007.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCRX-LP
- Radio-Locator information on WCRX-LP