|City of license||Fargo, North Dakota|
|Slogan||The Valley's #1 Hit Music Station|
|Frequency||93.7 FM (MHz)|
|First air date||1960s|
|Format||Commercial; Top 40 (CHR)|
inherited from WDAY-AM
Also alluding to I-94
(Midwest Communications, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KBVB, KFGO, KMJO, KRWK, KVOX, WDAY-FM|
|Webcast||Listen Live! or
The station signed on in the 1960s as a beautiful music station. On January 1, 1983 the station changed to a Top 40 format, and broadcast commercial-free for the first several months. It was owned by Forum Communications, along with WDAY-AM 970 and WDAY-TV 6. For a period in the early 1990s, the station adopted a soft adult contemporary format and was renamed "Mix 93.7". It later reverted to the Y94 name, and was sold to James Ingstad of Fargo in 1996, and sold to Clear Channel in 2000, along with several other radio stations in the area. On September 28, 2006, the Clear Channel station cluster in Fargo (including WDAY-FM) was sold back to James Ingstad, including KDAM which signed on in 2002. The sale was approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on January 19, 2007.
On June 1, 2007, the antenna system used for Y94, KFNW-FM, and KRWK "Rock 102" caught fire, leading the stations to temporarily broadcast on auxiliary facilities at a lower power. The stations resumed full power on August 3, 2007.
The station announced the sale to Midwest Communications on September 18, 2012 and the sale was finalized in 2013.
Y94 also airs American Top 40 and Club Kane, which are syndicated weekend programs.
Conan O'Brien job offer
- The Morning Playhouse (5:30am-10am)
- On Air with Ryan Seacrest (10am-2pm)
- JT (2pm-7pm)
- "E." (7pm-12am)
- The Underground - hip hop show (8pm-12am)
- American Top 40 (8am-12pm)
- Part timers Ethan Guns, and Abbi "Cornfed" Noah. (12pm-6pm)
- Club Kane (6pm-4am)
- Associated Press. "Conan O'Brien offered job at Fargo radio station". Star Tribune. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- Y94 website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WDAY
- Radio-Locator information on WDAY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WDAY