|Panama City, Florida|
My 7 (on DT2)
Home For CBS!
This is the place.
|Channels||Digital: 18 (UHF)
& WJHG-DT 7.3 (VHF)
Virtual: 18 (PSIP)
18.3 Doppler weather radar
|First air date||September 24, 2012|
|Call letters' meaning||ECP (IATA code for Panama City airport)|
|Sister station(s)||WJHG-TV, WTVY, WRGX-LD|
|Transmitter power||15 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
WECP-LD is the low-powered, CBS-affiliated television station in Panama City, Florida. It broadcasts a high definition digital signal on UHF channel 18 from a transmitter on SR 20 in the Saunders section of unincorporated Youngstown. Owned by Gray Television, the station is sister to NBC affiliate WJHG-TV and the two outlets share studios on Front Beach Road/SR 30 in Panama City Beach. Syndicated programming on this station includes The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Access Hollywood, Inside Edition, Extra and Family Feud among others.
Although associated with WJHG's news department, there are currently no local newscasts simulcasted on WECP and/or separate shows produced exclusively for this outlet.
On April 20, 2012, then owner MIK LLC announced it was selling the construction permit for the station (which initially held the callsign W18DR-D) to Gray Television. Under the transfer, MIK would receive $4,000 and would turn over the permit to DTV America Corporation LLC which would, in turn, transfer the permit to Gray.  Gray exercised a purchase option that was part of the deal to acquire the station outright on May 11, 2012.  Gray changed its callsign to WECP-LD on June 4, 2012.  On July 17, 2012, Gray Television signed an affiliation agreement with CBS for WECP and two other low-powered stations that Gray acquired around the same time period as the WECP acquisition. 
As a result, WECP-LD became the CBS affiliate for the Panama City area when the station took to the air on September 24, 2012. It is the second CBS affiliate that is licensed to the immediate Panama City market. Sister station WJHG had previously carried a secondary affiliation with the network from its December 1953 sign-on until 1961. Since then, Dothan sister station WTVY has served as the default CBS affiliate for the Panama City market. In October 2012, WTVY was officially removed from cable systems in the Panama City market with WECP taking its place. 
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|18.1||1080i||16:9||CBS||Main WECP-LD Programming / CBS|
|18.3||WEATHER||VIPIR 7 Local Radar|
When WECP-LD launched, The market's MyNetworkTV affiliation (previously seen on WJHG-DT3) and VIPIR radar (previously seen on WJHG-DT4) moved to newly created subchannels at the station's launch date.
- Seyler, Dave (April 20, 2012). "Gray files for LPTV in 3rd market". Television Business Report. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- Seyler, Dave (May 11, 2012). "Gray strikes again in the low power zone". Television Business Report. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Three Gray Stations Sign CBS Affiliations". TVNewsCheck/NewsCheckMedia, LLC. July 17, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "CBS Television Station Coming to Panama City Market Soon". WJHG-TV/Gray Television, Inc. July 17, 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- New CBS station on air Monday, Panama City News-Herald, September 22, 2012.
- Application For Authority To Construct Or Make Changes In A Low Power TV, TV Translator Or TV Booster Station , CDBS Public Access, Federal Communications Commission, Retrieved 7 January, 2014
- RabbitEars TV Query for WECP