WEC 37: Torres vs. Tapia was a mixed martial arts event held by World Extreme Cagefighting on December 3, 2008 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event aired live on the Versus Network.
Former IFL standout Wagnney Fabiano made his WEC debut on this card.
A welterweight contest between Blas Avena and the returning Kevin Knabjian was originally scheduled for the undercard of this event, but it was later cancelled.
The Mark Munoz-Ricardo Barros fight was the final light heavyweight bout to be put on by the WEC. The division was absorbed into the UFC following this event.
The event drew an estimated 671,000 viewers on Versus.
Fighters were awarded $7,500 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Cub Swanson vs. Hiroyuki Takaya
- Knockout of the Night: Bart Palaszewski
- Submission of the Night: Brian Bowles
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the WEC.
- Miguel Torres: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Manny Tapia: $6,000
- Brian Bowles: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Will Ribeiro: $4,000
- Wagnney Fabiano: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus) def. Akitoshi Tamura: $6,000
- Joseph Benavidez: $17,000 ($8,500 win bonus) def. Danny Martinez: $2,000
- Johny Hendricks: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Justin Haskins: $3,000
- Mark Muñoz: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Ricardo Barros: $3,000
- Diego Nunes: $6,000 ($3,000 win bonus) def. Cole Province: $3,000
- Bart Palaszewski: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Alex Karalexis: $8,000
- Cub Swanson: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Hiroyuki Takaya: $5,500
- Shane Roller: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Mike Budnik: $4,000