|WEC 8: Halloween Fury 2|
|Promotion||World Extreme Cagefighting|
|Date||October 17, 2003|
|Venue||Palace Indian Gaming Center|
WEC 8: Halloween Fury 2 was a mixed martial arts event promoted by World Extreme Cagefighting on October 17, 2003 at the Palace Indian Gaming Center in Lemoore, California. The main event saw Cole Escovedo defend the WEC Featherweight title against Anthony Hamlett.
- Lightheavyweight bout: Richard Montoya vs. Travis Stuart
Montoya defeated Stuart via submission (rear-naked choke) at of round 1.
- Welterweight bout: Jason Von Flue vs. Chris Irvine
Von Flue defeated Irvine via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 2:04 of round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Olaf Alfonso vs. Randy Bower
Alfonso defeated Bower via submission (armbar) at 3:05 of round 1.
- Welterweight bout: Ryan Schultz vs. Hannibal Adofo
Schultz Defeated Adofo via KO (punch) at 0:25 of round 1.
- Sean Liddell vs. Chris Saunders
Liddell defated Saunders via TKO (corner stoppage) at 5:00 of round 1.
- Fernandez Gonzalez vs. Mike Castillo
Gonzalez defeated Castillo via TKO (punches) at 1:27 of round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Poppies Martinez vs. AJ Wieman
Martinez defeated Wieman via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:01 of round 1.
- Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Brian Sleeman
Leben defeated Sleeman via submission (armbar) at 3:15 of round 1.
- Welterweight bout: Tom Owens vs. Tony Alanis
Owens defeated Alanis via submission (triangle armbar) at 1:49 of round 1.
- Heavyweight bout: Doug Marshall vs. Anthony Fuller
Marshall defeated Fuller via submission (punches) at 0:32 of round 1.
Carter defeated Taylor via unanimous decision after 3 rounds to become the new WEC Welterweight Champion
- Heavyweight bout: Mike Kyle vs. Jerry Vrbanovic
Kyle defeated Vrbanovic via KO (punches) at 0:12 of round 1.
Escovedo defeated Hamlett via TKO (punches) at 1:30 of round 2 retain the WEC Featherweight Championship.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|