|City of license
||Laconia, New Hampshire
|First air date
||April 9, 1961
||News Talk Information
||43°32′29.00″N 71°27′45.00″W / 43.5413889°N 71.4625000°W
||Eileen M. Jaspert (former owner)
||CBS Radio Network
Cumulus Media Networks
(WBIN Media Co., Inc.)
||WBIN-TV, WFNQ, WJYY, WLNH-FM, WNNH, WNHW, WYCN-LP
WEMJ (1490 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Laconia, New Hampshire, USA, the station is currently owned by Binnie Media and licensed to WBIN Media Co., Inc. WEMJ features programming from the CBS Radio Network, Dial Global and Cumulus Media Networks.
WEMJ, along with 16 other stations in northern New England formerly owned by Nassau Broadcasting Partners, was purchased at bankruptcy auction by WBIN Media Company, a company controlled by Bill Binnie, on May 22, 2012. Binnie already owns WBIN-TV in Derry and WYCN-LP in Nashua. The deal was completed on November 30, 2012.
- ^ Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-281. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- ^ "WEMJ reception verification". October 1, 1961. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- ^ "WEMJ Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- ^ "Carlisle Capital Corp. Wins Bidding For Rest Of Nassau Stations". All Access. May 22, 2012. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- ^ "WBIN Media acquires 17 N.E. radio stations". New Hampshire Union Leader. May 23, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- ^ Kitch, Michael (December 1, 2012). "Binnie closes on purchase of WLNH". Laconia Daily Sun. Retrieved December 1, 2012.