|City of license||Hamilton, Alabama|
|Frequency||970 AM (kHz)|
|Power||5000 watts (day only)|
|Callsign meaning||"William Earnest Rankin Hugh"
"Where Entertainment Rates High"
|Owner||Kate F. Fite|
WERH (970 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Hamilton, Alabama. The station is owned by Kate F. Fite. It airs a Southern Gospel music format on partial weekday mornings and all-day Sunday while playing a Country music format on weekday mornings and afternoons.
Although Kate F. Fite is still listed as the station's licensee in the FCC database, she died on June 15, 2001, and the station's December 2003 license renewal application lists the licensee as "Kate F. Fite (deceased), Martha H. Fowler, & Megan Summerford."
- Butler, Harry. "Alabama's First Broadcast Stations". Alabama Broadcasters Association.
- "FM History Profile: WERH". Alabama Broadcast Media Page. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "WERH Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Search Results". Social Security Death Index. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Application Search Details (BR-20031208BLC)". FCC Media Bureau. 2004-03-26. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WERH
- Radio-Locator Information on WERH
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WERH
|This article about a Christian radio station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|