|City of license||Brunswick, Georgia|
|Broadcast area||Brunswick area|
|Branding||Real Radio 1440|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Power||5,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Former callsigns||WBGA (1983-1987)|
|Affiliations||CBS Radio News, ABC Radio|
|Owner||Qantum Communications Corporation
(sale to Clear Channel Communications pending)
(Qantum of Brunswick License Company, LLC)
|Sister stations||WBGA, WHFX, WMOG, WQGA, WYNR|
WGIG (1440 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Brunswick, Georgia, USA, the station serves the Brunswick area. The station is owned by Qantum Communications Corporation, through subsidiary Qantum of Brunswick License Company, LLC, and features programming from CBS Radio News and ABC Radio .
The station was assigned the call letters WBGA on 1983-09-15. On 1987-08-29, the station changed its call sign to the current WGIG.
Many on air personalities have been employed by WGIG in their many years of service. Former On Air Personalities- Richard Anderson, also known as Rich Thomas (1983-1985)
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WGIG, to Clear Channel Communications for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media.
- "WGIG Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WGIG Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WGIG
- Radio-Locator Information on WGIG
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WGIG
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|