|City of license||Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee|
|Broadcast area||Chattanooga and Vicinity|
|Branding||Talk Radio 102.3|
|Slogan||The Talk Monster|
|First air date||1977 (as WZDQ)|
WZDQ (1977-1993?)WFXS (1993?-1996)
|Sister stations||WGOW, WOGT, WSKZ|
WGOW-FM (102.3 FM) is a radio station known as "Talk Radio 102.3" in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The station's talk radio format features a mix of local and syndicated hosts. This station is currently under ownership of Cumulus Media.
The 102.3 frequency was started in 1977 as WZDQ, (licensed to Soddy-Daisy then and now) then became Kicks briefly, followed by Choo Choo 102 (Music of Your Life), then Fox 102 at Four Squares in Chattanooga. In January of 1994, some of the WGOW talk guys switched to the Eastgate FM station, which was 102.7, but later on that year, WGOW's parent company bought them, and installed the talk format on 102.3, and most of those guys returned to the WGOW tent. After the change 102.7 became Fox 102, and aired a classic rock format that 102.3 had previously aired. The station remained at Eastgate Mall sharing office and studio space with 102.7 WBDX until 1996 when they moved to there current home on Moccasin Bend.
Their current lineup is:
- Jeff Styles and Jim Reynolds and Kevin West - "The Morning Press" 6-9 a.m.
- Jim Reynolds and Jerry "Critter" Harvey - "The Nth Degree" 9-10 a.m.
- Jeff Styles - "FRED The Show" Free Radio Every Day 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Jim Place and Jayme O'Donnell - "Let's Talk Money" 12-1 p.m.
- Brian Joyce- "Live and Local" 1-4 p.m.
- Gary "Dr. Basketball" Haskew and Scott "Quake" McMahen and "Cowboy" Joe Varner - "SportTalk" 4-7 p.m.
- Brokered Programming- 7-8 p.m.
- The Andrea Tantaros Show- Andrea Tantaros- 8-9 p.m.
- Asa Andrews Show- Dr. Asa Andrews- 9-10 p.m.
- Ferrell On The Bench- Scott Ferrell- 11 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Red Eye Radio- 1-6 a.m.
- Talk Radio 102.3 WGOW-FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WGOW
- Radio-Locator information on WGOW
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WGOW
|This Tennessee radio station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|