WGSP-FM ("Latina 102.3 FM") is a radio station licensed to the community of Pageland, South Carolina, and serving the greater Charlotte, North Carolina, area. The station is owned by Norsan Broadcasting of Atlanta, Georgia. It airs a Tropical music / Latin Pop format.
WCPL-FM was located in Pageland, South Carolina. In 1989, the station became WMAP-FM and began airing the same programming as WMAP in Monroe, North Carolina. After WMAP-AM went off the air, the FM, later known as WRML, played Southern gospel music. In 2006, Norsan took over the station and made plans to move the transmitter closer to the metropolitan area. The programming was also aired on WXNC, at 1060 AM and WGSP, at 1310 AM. Charlotte listeners began receiving the stronger signal in September 2007.
The station was assigned the WGSP-FM call letters by the Federal Communications Commission on September 26, 2007.
On January 1, 2009, "La Raza" began airing on WOLS, which Norsan Media began leasing, and WGSP-FM simulcast WOLS for a short time before a switch to tropical music / Latin pop format.
- ^ a b "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- ^ "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- ^ a b Washburn, Mark (2008-11-20). "106.1 FM Will Shift to All-Spanish". The Charlotte Observer.
- ^ Stowe, Gene (1989-06-24). "Monroe's WMAP Radio Picks Up S.C. Station". The Charlotte Observer.
- ^ Lyttle, Steve (1997-03-21). "New Radio Station Will Slip Into Old Spot on the Dial". The Charlotte Observer.
- ^ Ordoñez, Franco (2006-03-01). "City's Top Spanish-Language Radio Station Leaping to FM - WGSP-AM Will Begin Simulcasting Today on WRML 102.3". The Charlotte Observer.
- ^ a b Washburn, Mark (2007-09-25). "New Radio Station Is on the Air". The Charlotte Observer.
External links