|City of license||WHMP: Northampton, Massachusetts
WHNP: East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
WHMQ: Greenfield, Massachusetts
|Broadcast area||Pioneer Valley|
|Slogan||News, Information, and The Arts|
|Repeaters||W245BK 96.9 Amherst|
|First air date||WHMP: December 1950
WHNP: 1949 (as WSFL)
WHMQ: May 15, 1938 (as WHAI)
|Power||WHMP: 1,000 watts
WHNP: 2,500 watts (daytime only)
WHMQ: 1,000 watts
|Facility ID||WHMP: 46962
|Callsign meaning||WHMP: HaMPshire County
WHNP/WHMQ: derived from WHMP
|Former callsigns||WHMP: none
|Affiliations||CBS Radio Network
(Saga Communications of New England, LLC)
|Sister stations||WAQY, WHAI, WLZX, WPVQ, WRSI|
WHMP (1400 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a news/talk format. Licensed to Northampton, Massachusetts, it serves the Pioneer Valley. It is currently owned by Saga Communications, and is repeated on WHNP (1600 AM) in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts (serving Springfield) and WHMQ (1240 AM) in Greenfield, Massachusetts.
In February, 2014, WHMP on weekdays, is broadcasting a mix of general interest and politically progressive oriented talk shows. These include the Kim Komando tech gadgets show, Wall Street Journal This Morning, the Ed Schultz Show, and the Thom Hartmann Show.
WHNP and WHMQ previously simulcast sister FM stations; WHNP was a simulcast of WAQY-FM (as WAQY, WMRE, and WPNT) until 2000 (it carried a promotional loop for Six Flags New England for several months after dropping the WAQY simulcast), while WHMQ repeated WHAI-FM (as WHAI) until 2001.
|City of license||ERP
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. pp. D–209–12. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Broadcasting-Telecasting Yearbook 1951 (PDF). 1951. p. 169. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- WHMP's published program schedule, retrieved February 8, 2014
- Fybush, Scott (1997-01-18). "New England RadioWatch". Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Fybush, Scott (1997-02-28). "The Big Get Bigger". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Fybush, Scott (1999-05-21). "NHPR Goes North". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Fybush, Scott (2000-10-23). "WNSS Gets Funny, Utica Gets Buggy, Dodge Gets Arrested". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Fybush, Scott (2000-10-30). "Martin-Trigona -- He's Back!". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Fybush, Scott (2000-06-02). "What "Cooperation" Means". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Fybush, Scott (2001-02-05). "River Flows to New Home". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WHMP
- Radio-Locator Information on WHMP
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WHMP
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WHNP
- Radio-Locator Information on WHNP
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WHNP
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WHMQ
- Radio-Locator Information on WHMQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WHMQ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W245BK
- Radio-Locator information on W245BK
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|