|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2014)|
|Branding||My Network Topeka
13 News (newscasts)
|Channels||Digital: WIBW-DT 13.2 (VHF)|
(Gray Television Licensee, LLC)
|Founded||September 5, 2006|
|Call letters' meaning||see WIBW|
Colours TV (2006–2009)
This TV (2009–2012)
|Transmitter power||27 kW (digital)|
|Height||413 m (digital)|
|Facility ID||63160 (digital)|
WIBW-DT2 is the MyNetworkTV and Me-TV-affiliated television station for Topeka, Kansas. The station is a second digital subchannel of CBS affiliate WIBW-TV that is owned by Gray Television. Over-the-air, it broadcasts a digital signal on VHF channel 13.2 from a transmitter in Maple Hill. Known on-air as My Network Topeka, this can also be seen on Cox channel 11 in Topeka and Cox Cable 12 elsewhere in Northeast Kansas. WIBW-DT2's parent station has studios at Southwest Commerce Place next to the I-70 / I-470 / US 40 / US 75 / K-4 interchange.
Syndicated programming on the station includes Scrubs, Cold Case, Two and a Half Men and The New Adventures of Old Christine. WIBW-DT2 began on September 5, 2006 when the main channel began broadcasting MyNetworkTV on this second digital subchannel. It had a secondary affiliation with Colours TV but was eventually dropped, in favor of a secondary affiliation with This TV. This TV was dropped on September 10, 2012 in favor of Me-TV (both networks were owned by Weigel Broadcasting at the time). Me-TV airs on WIBW-DT2 during the late morning, afternoon and overnight hours as well as much of the weekend schedule outside of late afternoon and evening timeslots.
This subchannel simulcasts the main channel's weekday morning newscast from 5:00-7:00 a.m., followed by a separate extension of the newscast from 7:00-9:00 a.m. These newscasts preempt classic television series and children's programming broadcast by its secondary Me-TV affiliation during the time period. There is also a nightly prime time newscast at 9:00 p.m., along with simulcasts of the main channel's Saturday evening 6:00 p.m., Sunday evening 5:30 p.m. and weekend 10:00 p.m. newscasts (mainly due to preemptions because of CBS Sports commitments on the main channel). The newscasts on this station compete with Fox affiliate KTMJ-CD, which has their broadcasts produced by NBC affiliate KSNT.
- Chris Fisher - weekday mornings from 5:00-9:00 a.m.
- Sarah Plake - weekday mornings from 5:00-9:00 a.m.; also weekday reporter
- Ralph Hipp - weeknights at 9:00 p.m.
- Justin Surrency - weekends; also weekday reporter
- Amanda Lanum - host of Moms Everyday; fill-in
WIBW 13 Weather Team
- Jeremy Goodwin (AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Seal of Approval) - chief meteorologist; weeknights at 9:00 p.m.
- Drew Switzer (AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Seal of Approval) - meteorologist; weekday mornings from 5:00-9:00 a.m.
- Doug Meyers (AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Seal of Approval) - meteorologist; weekends
- Collin Myers (AMS Seal of Approval) - storm chaser
- Rob Peppers (AMS Seal of Approval) - meteorologist; storm chaser
- Eric Ives - stormchaser
WIBW 13 Sports
- Jenna Corrado - sports anchor; weekends
- Chris Lilly - anchor/reporter (News/sports)
- Ariana Cohen - general assignment reporter
- Monty Thompson - Manhattan Bureau Reporter