|City of license||Centralia, Illinois|
|Branding||The Big 1210|
|Slogan||Good Times, Great Oldies|
|Translator(s)||98.7 W254BE (Centralia)|
|First air date||1946|
|Power||10,000 watts (day)
1,100 watts (critical hours)
3 watts (night)
(day and critical hours)
|Former callsigns||WCNT (1946-1967)|
|Owner||Estate of W. Russell Withers, Jr., Dana R. Withers, Executor|
|Sister stations||WRXX (95.3 FM)|
WILY (1210 AM, "The Big 1210") is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Centralia, Illinois. The station's broadcast license is held by the Executor of W. Russell Withers, Jr., Dana R. Withers, Executor. The station, established in 1946 as "WCNT", was assigned the call sign "WILY" by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1967.
WILY broadcasts an oldies music format featuring the "Good Time Oldies" programming from Dial Global. As of January 2012[update], WILY's on-air personalities include Bruce Chandler in morning drive, JJ McKay on mid-days, Brad Pierce in afternoon drive, Peter McLaine on evenings, and Mike Shaw overnight. WILY also broadcasts a one-hour talk show hosted by Tootie Cooksey each weekday. On Mondays, this is called Talk Time USA and called Hotline on Tuesday through Friday.
WILY programming is also carried on a broadcast translator station to extend or improve the coverage area of the station.
|City of license||ERP
- "Directory of AM and FM Stations and Market Data for the United States". 1955 Broadcasting Yearbook-Marketbook. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1955. p. 127.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Media Bureau. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "Air Staff". Withers Radio Centralia. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- WILY official website
- Withers Broadcasting
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WILY
- Radio-Locator Information on WILY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WILY