|City of license||Darlington, South Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Florence, South Carolina|
|Branding||News Talk 1400|
|First air date||1955|
|Power||1,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Former callsigns||WDAR (?-1982)
|Owner||Qantum Communications Corporation
(sale to Clear Channel Communications pending)
(Qantum of Florence License Company, LLC)
|Sister stations||WDAR-FM, WDSC, WEGX, WJMX-FM, WRZE, WWRK, WZTF|
WJMX (1400 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a news/talk format. Licensed to Darlington, South Carolina, USA, the station serves the Florence area. The station is owned by Qantum Communications Corporation, through subsidiary Qantum of Florence License Company, LLC, and features programing from Westwood One.
At one time this station was called WDAR. In the 60's and 70's it was known as "Top Gun Country WDAR" other formats have included beautiful music, classic rock (simulcast with WDAR-FM) and adult standards. Prior to the switch to WWRK, this station was WPFM and it was located at 1350 AM. In 1997, when it was owned by Root Communications, Ltd., WPFM applied to change its frequency to 1400 AM.
Qantum Communications Inc. purchased Florence's Root Communications Group LP stations in 2003. At that time, WPFM had moved from 1350 to 1400.
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WJMX, to Clear Channel Communications for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media.
- "Call Sign History". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "WJMX Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WJMX Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- The Broadcasting Yearbook, 1990.
- Broadcasting and Cable Marketplace. New Providence, NJ: Bowker. 1992. p. A-312. ISSN 0000-1384.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook, 1995.
- "No. 44145 Broadcast Actions". FCC. 1997-12-24. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2003-03-16. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- "WWRK 1400 AM: The Light in Darlington, South Carolina". radiostation.org. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "Florence, SC Metro Survey Area Overview". Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- "Station Overview". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "Call Sign History (WWRK)". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WJMX
- Radio-Locator Information on WJMX
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WJMX
|This article about a radio station in South Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|