|City of license||Yauco, Puerto Rico|
|Branding||Radio Cafe 1550|
|Power||250 watts (unlimited)|
|Owner||Media Power Group, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WSKN, WDEP, WLEY (AM)|
In July 1999, Uno Radio of Ponce Inc., Caguas, P.R. (Jesus M. Soto, chairman) reached an agreement to purchase five radio stations in Puerto Rico from Ponce Broadcasting Corp. (Jenaro G. Scarano Sr., Julio C. Braum, Luis F. Sala, Catalina Scarano and Sala Business Corp., shareholders) for a reported sale price of $10.75 million.
In June 2003, Media Power Group Inc. (Eduardo Rivero Albino, chairman) reached an agreement to purchase four AM radio stations in Puerto Rico, including WKFE, from Uno Radio Group. (Jesus M. Soto, owner) for a reported $6.8 million.
- Jacobs, George (2007). National Radio: Puerto Rico (US Associated). World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting (Billboard Books). pp. pp305–306. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 1999-07-01.[dead link]
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2003-06-09.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WKFE
- Radio-Locator Information on WKFE
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WKFE
|This article about a radio station in Puerto Rico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|