|City of license||Loves Park, Illinois|
|Broadcast area||Rockford, Illinois and Vicinity|
|Branding||96.7 The Eagle|
|Slogan||Rockford's Classic Rock Station|
|First air date||1964 (as WLUV-FM)|
|Callsign meaning||W K EaGLe (branding)|
|Former callsigns||WLUV-FM (1964-2000)
(Townsquare Media Rockford License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WROK, WXXQ, WZOK|
WKGL-FM (branded as "96.7 The Eagle") is a radio station serving the Rockford, Illinois area with a Classic rock format. It broadcasts on FM frequency 96.7 MHz and is under ownership of Townsquare Media. Prior to being WKGL-FM, the station had an oldies format as WKMQ and a country format as WLUV-FM.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including WKGL-FM, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- WKGL-FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WKGL
- Radio-Locator information on WKGL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WKGL