|City of license||Ironwood, Michigan|
|Slogan||Positive & Encouraging|
|First air date||2008|
|ERP||300 watts (vertical)|
|HAAT||157 meters (515 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||K-LOVE IronWood|
|Former callsigns||WICE (2005–2007)
|Owner||Educational Media Foundation|
In December 1998, Broadcasting for the Challenged, Inc., applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a construction permit for a new broadcast radio station. The FCC granted this permit on July 18, 2005, with a scheduled expiration date of July 18, 2008. The new station was assigned call sign "WICE" on July 28, 2005.
In April 2007, Broadcasting for the Challenged, Inc., contracted to sell the permit for WICE as part of a nine-station deal with the Educational Media Foundation for a combined sale price of $400,000. The FCC approved the sale on June 13, 2007, and the transaction was formally consummated on July 23, 2007.
The new owners had the FCC change the station's call sign to "WLVM" on August 20, 2007. After construction and testing were completed in July 2008, the station was granted its broadcast license on September 3, 2008.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19981203MI)". FCC Media Bureau. July 18, 2005. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BAPED-20070417ACE)". FCC Media Bureau. July 23, 2007. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20080716AGQ)". FCC Media Bureau. September 3, 2008. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- WKIW official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WKIW
- Radio-Locator information on WKIW
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WKIW