|Channels||Digital: 39 (UHF)
Virtual: 43 (PSIP)
43.2 The Church Channel
43.3 JUCE TV
43.4 TBN Enlace USA
43.5 Smile of a Child TV
|Owner||Trinity Broadcasting Network, Inc.
(Trinity Broadcasting of Indiana, Inc.)
|First air date||May 11, 1982|
|Call letters' meaning||Kentucky
|Former callsigns||WKOI (1982-2003)|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
43 (UHF, 1982-2009)
|Transmitter power||500 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
WKOI-TV, digital channel 39 and virtual channel 43, is a television station owned and operated by the Trinity Broadcasting Network and is one of the network's original affiliates. It is licensed to Richmond, Indiana with a tower located on SR 73 in Milford Township, Butler County, Ohio near Collinsville. The transmitter is located approximately halfway between Richmond and Cincinnati, providing coverage to Northern Kentucky, Southwestern Ohio, and Eastern Indiana, hence its callsign WKOI. Even though the transmitter is located within the Cincinnati television market, its city of license, Richmond, is in the Dayton, Ohio market.
WKOI carries TBN programming for much of its broadcast day, but breaks away from the network once a week for local community public affairs programming.
WKOI's programming was previously relayed on W20CL channel 20 in Springfield, Ohio and W36DG in Cincinnati. A deal was reached to sell W20CL (now WLWD-LP Dayton) to Word of God Fellowship, owner of the Daystar Television Network, on March 19, 2010; W36DG would also be sold to Daystar, becoming WDYC-LP.
This station's digital signal, like most other full-service TBN owned-and-operated stations, carries five different TBN-run networks.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|43.1||480i||4:3||TBN||Main TBN programming|
|43.2||TCC||The Church Channel|
|43.5||SOAC||Smile of a Child TV|
TBN-owned full-power stations permanently ceased analog transmissions on April 16, 2009.
WKOI-TV shut down its analog signal, over UHF channel 43, on that date. The station's digital signal remained on its pre-transition UHF channel 39. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display the station's virtual channel as its former UHF analog channel 43.
- Channel 39 digital TV stations in the United States
- Channel 43 virtual TV stations in the United States
- List of television stations in Ohio
- List of television stations in Ohio (by channel number)
- List of television stations in the United States by call sign (initial letter W)
- FCC Data for WLWD-LP
- "APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER OF CONTROL OF A CORPORATE LICENSEE OR PERMITTEE, OR FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE OR PERMIT OF TV OR FM TRANSLATOR STATION OR LOW POWER TELEVISION STATION". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. March 24, 2010. Retrieved March 30, 2010.
- FCC Data for WDYC-LP
- RabbitEars TV Query for WKOI
- "DTV Tentative Channel Designations for the First and the Second Rounds" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-03-24.
|This article about a television station in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television station in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|