|City of license||Bar Harbor, Maine|
|Broadcast area||Mount Desert Island, Downeast Maine|
|Branding||The New Bear|
|First air date||June 1, 1992|
|HAAT||121 meters (397 ft)|
|Former callsigns||WPRG (1988–1992)
|Affiliations||Motor Racing Network|
WBFE (99.1 FM) is an American radio station broadcasting a country music format simulcasting WBFB. Licensed to Bar Harbor, Maine, USA, the station serves the Down East Maine area. The station is currently owned by Blueberry Broadcasting.
The station was assigned call sign WPRG on March 24, 1988. On May 19, 1992, the station changed its call sign to WLKE; on June 1, it signed on. As of September 28, 2009, it became part of a three station country network based out of Blueberry's Bangor office, simulcasting WBFB and also heard on WMCM. On September 23, 2013, the station took its current WBFE call sign.
- "WLKE Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WBFE Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBFE
- Radio-Locator information on WBFE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBFE
|This article about a radio station in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|