|City of license||Fredericktown, Ohio|
|Broadcast area||Ashland, Ohio
Mount Vernon, Ohio
|Branding||FM News Radio 98.3 WMAN|
|Slogan||Mid-Ohio's FM News and Talk|
(also on HD Radio)
|First air date||September 14, 1987|
|Former callsigns||WWMM (2011-2012)
|Affiliations||Fox News Radio
Fox Sports Radio
Agri Broadcast Network
|Sister stations||WFXN, WMAN, WNCO, WNCO-FM, WSWR, WXXF, WYHT|
WMAN-FM (98.3 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a news/talk format as a simulcast of WMAN (1400 AM). Licensed to Fredericktown, Ohio, WMAN-FM serves the Ashland/Mansfield/Mount Vernon Mid-Ohio area. The station is currently owned by iHeartMedia, Inc. and features programing from Fox News Radio, Fox Sports Radio and Premiere Networks.
WMAN-FM (then WWMM)'s simulcast of WMAN was originally a trimulcast with WMAN-FM (now WSWR) which ended on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at noon.
Prior to December 2011, the station was WXXR, which, along with Shelby-licensed WSWR (100.1 FM), programmed a classic hits format branded as "My 100.1/98.3." WSWR also featured an oldies format as "Crusin' 100." The WMAN simulcast began on December 26, 2011. The first local program on the new FM signal was aired on December 26 "Rusty Cates & the WMAN Morning News". The first live high school sports broadcast on the FM signal was aired on Thursday December 29, a girls basketball game played between Clear Fork and Lexington with Josh Bowman on play by play and Rick Durkin as the color commentator.
- "WMAN-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WMAN-FM Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Three radio stations to simulcast broadcasting". Mansfield News Journal. December 23, 2011. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WMAN
- Radio-Locator information on WMAN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WMAN
|This article about a radio station in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|