|Branding||My 41.2 (general)
41 NBC News (newscasts)
|Slogan||Middle Georgia's My Network Station (general)
To the Point. (news)
|Channels||Digital: WMGT-DT 40.2 (UHF)
Virtual: 41.2 (PSIP)
(Morris Network, Inc.)
|First air date||July 6, 2009|
|Call letters' meaning||see WMGT|
|Transmitter power||110 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
WMGT-DT2 is a MyNetworkTV-affiliated television station located in Macon, Georgia, United States. Branded on-air as My 41.2, it operates as a second digital subchannel of NBC affiliate WMGT-TV (channel 41), which serves as the flagship television station of owner Morris Multimedia. Over-the-air, it broadcasts a enhanced definition digital signal on UHF channel 40.2. Its parent station maintains studio facilities located on Poplar Street in Downtown Macon from a transmitter located on GA 87/U.S. 23/U.S. 129 Alternate, along the Bibb-Twiggs County line.
Syndicated programs broadcast on WMGT-DT2 include Friends, The Jerry Springer Show, Everybody Loves Raymond, Castle and Family Guy. On cable, the subchannel is available on Cox Communications digital channel 111, Charter Communications digital channel 123 and Comcast Xfinity digital channel 235.
The subchannel first signed on the air on July 6, 2009. Prior to its launch, MyNetworkTV programming was previously carried as a secondary affiliation on Fox affiliate WGXA (channel 24) beginning with the service's launch on September 5, 2006.
When the subchannel was launched on July 6, 2009, WMGT began producing a half-hour primetime newscast each weeknight at 10:00 p.m. for WMGT-DT2, and also began airing a rebroadcast of its 6:00 p.m. newscast at 7:00 p.m. (the rebroadcast competes with a live newscast produced by WGXA for its ABC-affiliated digital subchannel) and a simulcast of its weekday morning newscast. In October 2012, the weekday morning simulcast on the subchannel became a rebroadcast from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. On February 18, 2014, WMGT became the third station in the Macon market (after WRWR-LD (channel 29) and WMAZ-TV) to begin broadcasting its local newscasts in high definition; however the newscasts on WMGT-DT2 were not included in the upgrade, instead broadcasting them in widescreen enhanced definition in the subchannel's native 480p resolution format.
- Amanda Castro - weekday mornings on Daybreak (7:00-9:00 a.m.); also reporter
- Skyler Henry - weeknights at 7:00 and 10:00 p.m.; also reporter
- Ashley Minelli - weeknights at 7:00 and 10:00 p.m.; also reporter
- 41 NBC First Alert Storm Team
- Chris Simmons - chief meteorologist; weeknights at 7:00 and 10:00 p.m.
- Marco La Manno - meteorologist; weekday mornings on Daybreak (7:00-9:00 a.m.)
- Dino Hill - meteorologist; fill-in
- Sean Franklin - general assignment reporter
- Elaine Rackley - general assignment reporter
- Tucker Sargent - general assignment reporter
- Taylor Terrell - general assignment reporter