|City of license||St. Simons Island, Georgia|
|Broadcast area||Brunswick area|
|First air date||1989-12-04 (as WPFI)|
|Former callsigns||WPFI (1989-1991)
|Owner||Brunswick Station Trust LLC|
|Sister stations||WBGA, WGIG, WHFX, WQGA, WYNR|
WMOG (92.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Licensed to St. Simons Island, Georgia, USA, the station serves the Brunswick area. The station is currently owned by Brunswick Station Trust LLC, an iHeartMedia, Inc. divestiture trust.
The station went on the air as WPFI on 1989-12-04. On 1991-02-04, the station changed its call sign to WMOG-FM, on 1995-12-08 to WVVV, on 1996-04-05 to WHFX, on 2005-04-04 to WBGA, and on 2014-09-08 to the current WMOG.
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WBGA, to Clear Channel Communications for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media. Clear Channel, in turn, committed to putting WBGA into a divestiture trust (Brunswick Station Trust LLC) to satisfy concentration limits. The transaction was consummated on September 9, 2014.
On September 8, 2014, WBGA changed their format to classic hits, branded as "Big 92.7", under new call letters, WMOG.
- "WMOG Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WMOG Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Brunswick, GA Stations Swap Locations
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WMOG
- Radio-Locator information on WMOG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WMOG
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|