|City of license||Green Bay, Wisconsin|
|Broadcast area||Northeast Wisconsin|
|First air date||1947|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
500 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||National Football League|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio
Yahoo! Sports Radio
CBS Radio Network
|Sister stations||WIXX, WNCY, WRQE, WTAQ, WYDR, WZDR|
WNFL (1440 AM) is an American all-sports radio station located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station is locally owned and operated by Midwest Communications, which owns six other stations in Northeast Wisconsin. WNFL is an affiliate of Fox Sports Radio, carrying much of their line-up as well as The Steve Czaban Show from Yahoo! Sports Radio and the station's local "Maino & Nick" show. WNFL airs one minute news updates from CBS at approximately 45 minutes past the hour.
In addition to the station's sports-talk offerings, WNFL airs Milwaukee Bucks basketball play-by-play and local high school football and basketball games. Milwaukee Brewers baseball games during the work week are also on WNFL, with night and weekend games on sister station WTAQ.
The Green Bay Press-Gazette built the station - a daytimer - in 1947 under the call-letters WJPG. Its original frequency was 810 kHz. This was changed to 1440 kHz not long after and nighttime service was added. Daytime power was increased to 5,000 watts, as well. The call letters changed to WNFL during the Green Bay Packers' championship runs in the late 1960s. WNFL changed ownership several times until 1996, when Midwest Communications acquired the station, along with sister stations WNCY and WYDR (then WROE).
- Mark Daniels: "WNFL Sports Report" anchor and high school sports play-by-play
- Doug Higgins: Weekend weather (from WLUK-TV)
- John Maino: "Maino & Nick" co-host"
- Nick Vitrano: "Maino & Nick" co-host
- Pete Petoniak: Morning/early-afternoon weather (from WLUK-TV)
- Patrick Powell: Late-afternoon/evening/overnight weather (from WLUK-TV)
- Jason Miller: Program Director
- 1440 WNFL official website
- Midwest Communications
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WNFL
- Radio-Locator Information on WNFL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WNFL