|City of license||Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina|
|Branding||"The Light 103.9"|
|Slogan||No. 1 Station for Inspiration|
|Callsign meaning||WNND (previous format)
Light (current format)
|Former callsigns||WZZU-FM 11/01/1996 - 03/06/1998
WTCD 05/01/1996 - 11/01/1996
WNND 05/17/1989 - 05/01/1996
WAZZ 08/01/1987 - 05/17/1989
WAKS-FM 08/15/1978 - 08/01/1987
|Sister stations||WFXC, WFXK, WQOK|
WAKS-FM was a Country station in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina and sister station to WAKS-AM when it signed on in 1981. In 1987 the station became easy listening WAZZ. In 1989 the station moved to Cary, North Carolina and began playing smooth jazz as WNND "The Wind".
After financial problems, WNND was sold to Clear Channel  and switched to a classic hits format, with the call letters WZZU, previously used by what is now WKSL-FM. The current format began in October 1997 on WZZU and WDUR.
- "Call Sign History". Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- "Raleigh-Durham Radio Dial". Archived from the original on 2003-02-01. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- Tanika White, "Radio Station Says Legal Confrontation Is Over", News & Observer, July 26, 1995.
- "Briefs", News & Observer, March 7, 1996.
- David Menconi, "ZZU Gospel Format Right Outta the Can", News & Observer, October 27, 1997.
- "Clear Channel to sell 4 Triangle stations". Triangle Business Journal. 2000-03-13. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WNNL
- Radio-Locator information on WNNL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WNNL
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|