|City of license||Plymouth, Massachusetts|
|Broadcast area||South Shore, Cape Cod|
|Branding||Money Matters Radio
Today's Easy 99.1
|First air date||August 8, 1955|
|Format||Business talk; adult contemporary|
|Callsign meaning||Plymouth or We Play Lovely Music|
|Owner||Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc.|
|Sister stations||WBNW, WPLM-FM|
WPLM (1390 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a split format of business talk, simulcast with WBNW (1120), and adult contemporary, simulcast with WPLM-FM (99.1). Licensed to Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA, the station serves the South Shore and Cape Cod areas. The station is currently owned by Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc.. Most of the station's broadcast day is leased out to Money Matters Radio, owner of WBNW; Plymouth Rock generally airs its programming on the station during nights and weekends.
WPLM signed on August 8, 1955, with WPLM-FM being added on June 25, 1961. The two stations simulcast all programming from the FM station's launch until 1997, when the station began leasing out some of its broadcast day to simulcast WADN (now WBNW).
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- "WPLM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WPLM Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1981 (PDF). 1981. p. C-112. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1961-62 (PDF). 1961. p. B-82. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Fybush, Scott (October 23, 1997). "Sales and Format Changes Everywhere...". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WPLM
- Radio-Locator Information on WPLM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WPLM
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|