|City of license||West Point, Georgia|
|Slogan||The Touch AM 1310|
|Format||Urban Adult Contemporary|
|Power||1,000 watts day
25 watts night
|Former callsigns||WCJM (1994-1996)|
(sale to Clear Channel Communications pending)
(Qantum of Auburn License Company, LLC)
|Sister stations||WCJM-FM, WKKR, WMXA, WTLM, WZMG|
WPLV (1310 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Urban Adult Contemporary format. Licensed to West Point, Georgia, USA. The station is currently owned by Qantum of Auburn License Company, LLC and features programming from ABC Radio.
In March 2003, Root Communications License Company, L.P., reached an agreement to sell this station to Qantum Communications subsidiary Qantum of Auburn License Company, LLC, as part of a 26 station deal valued at $82.2 million. The deal was approved by the FCC on April 30, 2003, and the transaction was consummated on July 2, 2003.
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WPLV, to Clear Channel Communications for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media.
- "WPLV Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WPLV Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Changing Hands - 3/17/2003". Broadcasting & Cable. March 17, 2003.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-20030307ACE)". FCC Media Bureau. July 2, 2003.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WPLV
- Radio-Locator Information on WPLV
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WPLV
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|