- WHYZ redirects here. For the Greenville, South Carolina radio station that previously used those calls, see WCSZ.
|City of license||Union Park, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Central Florida|
|Slogan||Safe For The Little Ears|
|Frequency||88.3 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Format||Contemporary Christian music
HD2-Christian Rap/Hip-Hop (Hot 95.9)
HD4-Christian Rock (The Rock)
(granted FCC construction permit for 100,000 watts)
|Callsign meaning||POZitive Hits [sic]|
|Owner||Central Florida Educational Foundation, Inc.|
WPOZ (88.3 FM, "Positive Hits Z88.3") is a radio station near Orlando, Florida, which broadcasts contemporary Christian music. WPOZ is one of the most successful contemporary Christian music stations in the United States in terms of ratings and appealing to female listeners in the 25–54 age demographic (the demographic most courted by advertisers).[not verified in body]
- WMYZ/88.7 MHz: Clermont, Florida
- WHYZ/91.1 MHz: Palm Coast, Florida
- WDOZ/91.7 MHz: Pierson, Florida
- W245AZ/96.9 MHz: Leesburg, Florida
- W250BH/97.9 MHz: West Melbourne, Florida
- W259AS/99.7 MHz: Lady Lake, Florida
- W274BB/102.7 MHz: Haines City, Florida
WPOZ and WMYZ also broadcast in HD Radio.
In late-2008, WPOZ was granted authorization from the FCC to increase its signal strength to 100,000 watts; this was accomplished when the Central Florida Educational Foundation acquired a station in Lecanto, Florida, WLMS, from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saint Petersburg. As that station also broadcast on 88.3 FM, Central Florida Educational Foundation closed down WLMS, enabling WPOZ to increase its signal strength without interfering with that station. After the upgrade, WPOZ's main signal would sufficiently cover areas already served by its repeaters, making them redundant—their future is currently unknown.
WPOZ's signal was also previously repeated on W212BF 90.3 MHz in Tavares and W247AX 102.7 MHz in Groveland; however, these repeaters later went dark. W212BF would close due to a new station in Eustis on 90.3, WIGW, owned by CSN International. It is unknown of the reason for the closure of W247AX.
WPOZ originally had a repeater in Daytona Beach, WEAZ 88.1 MHz; this station signed on in 1995 as WANX, becoming a simulcast of WPOZ as WEAZ in 1998. The station closed in December 2008, and its license was soon cancelled, following WPOZ's power increase that made this rebroadcaster redundant.
WPOZ-HD2 broadcasts a Christian urban contemporary format as "Hot 95.9"; for those without HD radio receivers, it is heard in Orlando on a low-powered repeater, W240BV 95.9 MHz.
WPOZ-HD3 broadcasts a gospel format as "G106.3"; this station also has a low-powered repeater in Orlando, W292DZ 106.3 MHz.
WPOZ-HD4 broadcasts a Christian rock format as "103.7 The Rock"; this station also has a low-powered repeater in Clermont, W279CT 103.7 MHz.
Both W240BV and W292DZ were previously low-powered repeaters that rebroadcast WPOZ in the Mount Dora area.
- Official website of "Positive Hits" 88.3 FM
- Official website of 106.3 "The Rock"
- Official website of "Hot" 95.9 FM (redirects to official Facebook page)
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPOZ
- Radio-Locator information on WPOZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPOZ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WHYZ
- Radio-Locator information on WHYZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WHYZ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WMYZ
- Radio-Locator information on WMYZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WMYZ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W240BV
- Radio-Locator information on W240BV
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W245AZ
- Radio-Locator information on W245AZ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W250BH
- Radio-Locator information on W250BH
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W259AS
- Radio-Locator information on W259AS
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W273CA
- Radio-Locator information on W273CA
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W274BB
- Radio-Locator information on W274BB
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W279CT
- Radio-Locator information on W279CT
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W292DZ
- Radio-Locator information on W292DZ