|City of license||Providence, Rhode Island|
|Broadcast area||Providence metropolitan area|
|Branding||92 Pro FM|
|Slogan||"Today's Hit Music"|
|Frequency||92.3 MHz/Channel 222|
|First air date||April 17, 1948|
|Callsign meaning||PROvidence (callsign originates with sister A.M. WPRO)|
(Radio License Holding CBC, LLC)
|Sister stations||WEAN-FM, WPRO, WPRV, WWKX, WWLI|
|Webcast||WPRO-FM Live Feed|
WPRO-FM (92.3 FM, "92 PRO-FM") is a radio station in Providence, Rhode Island, United States. The station broadcasts a top 40 format. It is the sister station to WPRO. The station was previously owned by Cherry & Webb Broadcasting Corp., Capital Cities Communications, Tele-Media, and Citadel Broadcasting, but today is owned by Cumulus Media.
- Gary Berkowitz, the first program director of Top 40 WPRO-FM when it flipped formats on April 29, 1974
- Rocky Allen
WPRO-FM began broadcasting on April 17, 1948. On April 29, 1974 at 15:00, it changed formats from its previous easy listening to its current Top 40.
- 92 Pro FM
- 92 PRO FM On-Air Playlist
- 92 Pro FM's Official Myspace
- Audio of WPRO-FM on this page from 1959 simulcasting WPRO/630 & in 1976 as Top 40 "FM92"
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPRO
- Radio-Locator information on WPRO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPRO
|This article about a radio station in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|