|City of license||Greenfield, Massachusetts|
|Branding||Bear Country 95.3|
|HAAT||232 meters (761 feet)|
(Saga Communications of New England, LLC)
|Sister stations||WRSI, WHAI|
WPVQ (95.3 FM, "Bear Country 95.3") is a radio station licensed to serve Greenfield, Massachusetts. The station is owned by Saga Communications and licensed to Saga Communications of New England, LLC. It airs a Country music format.
In August, 1996, Dynacom purchased WRSI (95.3 FM) and WGAM from Radio Skutnik, Inc. (Ed Skutnik, owner) for a reported sale price of $650,000. In August 1999, Vox Media Corp. purchased Dynacom and all of its radio assets, including WRSI, for a reported $5.5 million.
In July, 2000, Vox purchased WPVQ (93.9 FM) from Cardwell Broadcasting for a reported sale price of $2.925 million.
In February, 2001, WPVQ swapped frequencies with WRSI so that WRSI now broadcasts on 93.9 MHz from Turners Falls, Massachusetts, and WPVQ broadcasts on its current 95.3 MHz. The 95.3 FM station was assigned the WPVQ call letters by the Federal Communications Commission on February 1, 2001.
In December 2003, Saga Communications announced that it had reached an agreement to purchase WRSI (93.9 FM) and WPVQ (95.3 FM) plus WRSY (101.5 FM) from Vox. The $7 million deal closed in April 2004.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Fybush, Scott (2006-08-28). "Entercom's Big Week". NorthEast Radio Watch.
- Fybush, Scott (1999-08-06). "Sales Galore". NorthEast Radio Watch.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2000-07-31.
- Fybush, Scott (2001-12-31). "2001: The Year in Review". NorthEast Radio Watch.
- Fybush, Scott (2003-12-29). "Saga Adds in Pioneer Valley". NorthEast Radio Watch.
- Fybush, Scott (2004-04-12). "Nassau Shakeup in Maine". NorthEast Radio Watch.
- WPVQ official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPVQ
- Radio-Locator information on WPVQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPVQ
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|