|City of license||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Broadcast area||Pittsburgh metropolitan area|
|Frequency||89.3 MHz (also on HD Radio) 89.3 HD-2 for Classics on The Move|
|Repeaters||89.7 WQEJ (Johnstown)|
|First air date||1973|
WQED-FM is a listener-supported, public radio classical, fine arts, and news station in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The station, which is a sister station to both WQED-TV and WINP-TV, operates at 89.3 MHz with an ERP of 28 kW, and is a member station of National Public Radio and an affiliate of Public Radio International. The station began broadcasting in 1973 and began HD Radio transmission in January, 2006.
WQED-FM annually produces a 26-week series of Pittsburgh Symphony broadcasts for distribution via Public Radio International.
WQED-FM is also simulcast on WQEJ 89.7 FM Johnstown.
- WQED-FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WQED
- Radio-Locator information on WQED
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WQED
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WQEJ
- Radio-Locator information on WQEJ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WQEJ
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|