WQNC "Praise Charlotte" is an Urban Gospel music station located in Charlotte, North Carolina but licensed to Indian Trail. The station is currently owned & operated by Radio One. It carries the syndicated Yolanda Adams Morning Show. It is simulcast on sister WPZS. 
The station was located in Albemarle, North Carolina for many years, where it was called WABZ-FM.
Ted Bell hosted "Saturday Night Music Machine" while at WABZ-FM, interviewing Neil Sedaka, Debbie Reynolds, Freddie Cannon, George Burns, Phil Everly, Teresa Brewer, Tiny Tim, and Gene McDaniels. The show, which Bell hosted until 1982, featured stars such as Bobby Rydell and Chubby Checker. Bell also asked Johnny Olson of The Price Is Right to do station IDs.
"Inspiration 100.9" played "Southern Gospel Music of today, yesterday and all the favorites", along with the Trading Post, local sports and ministry programs. Johnny Caudle hosted the morning show from 1995 until 2000.
In 2004, WABZ moved to its current city of license and changed its letters and format, giving grade A signal quality to the Charlotte area. Radio One, Inc. announced on November 16 that it had purchased WPZS for $11.5 million and moved it to the company's Charlotte facilities. The company already operated WPZS under an LMA earlier in the month, changing the format to Urban contemporary gospel.
On August 31, 2011, Radio One announced its intention to sell off their Charlotte stations to Davis Broadcasting, but in April 2012 the deal fell through and Radio One decided to keep the stations.
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at midnight WPZS began simulcasting sister WQNC. WQNC and WPZS also swapped call letters on the same day.   The two stations provide a strong combined signal with 60 percent overlap.
||Monday - Friday 12:00 AM – 6:00 AM
|The Yolanda Adams Morning Show
||Monday - Friday 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM
||Monday - Friday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
||Monday - Saturday 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
|Coco Brother Live
||Monday - Friday 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
||Monday - Friday 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM
||Saturday - Sunday 12:00 AM – 8:00 AM
|Marriage Beyond The Vows
||Saturday 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
||Saturday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
|The Spirit Countdown
||Saturday 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
||Saturday 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
||Sunday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
||Sunday 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
||Sunday 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
||Sunday 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- ^ "About Us: PraiseCharlotte". Retrieved 2010-04-29.
- ^ http://praisecharlotte.com/545893/praise-charlotte-takes-over-92-7/
- ^ Bendin, Dariel (2009-03-12). "Talking With Ted Bell". Alternatives News Magazine. Retrieved 2010-04-229.
- ^ "Ted Bell". ZoomInfo Business people information. Retrieved 2010-04-29.
- ^ "Radio Station WABZ-FM no longer exists as WABZ, 100.9FM in Albemarle". wspc.com. Retrieved 2010-04-29..
- ^ "Radio One Completes Acquisition of WPZS-FM -- Formerly Known as WABZ-FM; Station Serves the Charlotte, NC Market". Business Wire. 2004-11-16. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- ^ http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/95889/davis-broadcasting-to-purchase-wqnc-and-wpzs
- ^ "Battle on way for urban radio" from The Charlotte Observer (August 17, 2012)
- ^ "Praise Charlotte Takes Over 92.7". Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- ^ "Call Sign History (WQNC)". Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- ^ "Call Sign History (WPZS)". Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- ^ http://praisecharlotte.com/djs
 External links
Coordinates: 35°16′19″N 80°45′54″W / 35.272°N 80.765°W