|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|City of license||Rockford, Illinois|
|Broadcast area||North Central Illinois|
|Branding||News Talk 1440 WROK|
|Slogan||"The Talk Everyone's Talking About"|
|First air date||1923|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
270 watts (night)
|Affiliations||ABC News, Wall Street Journal Radio Network|
(Townsquare Media Rockford License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WKGL, WXXQ, WZOK|
|Webcast||WROK Live Feed|
WROK (1440 AM) is an American News/Talk radio station in Rockford, Illinois. It is owned by Townsquare Media. The station is licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to serve Winnebago County, Illinois.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including WROK, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The transaction was consummated effective November 14, 2013.
The station features Riley O'Neil and Scot Bertram as the hosts of the morning drive-time broadcast. The morning news is anchored by Dave Alpert. Rob Brennan is the engineer.
WROK broadcasts University of Illinois football and basketball, and NIC-10 conference high school football and basketball.
WROK was a very popular Top 40 music station in Rockford during the 1970s. Sister station WZOK carries on the Top 40 heritage, although that station's format has shifted toward Hot Adult Contemporary in recent years.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WROK
- Radio-Locator Information on WROK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WROK
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|