|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2008)|
|Broadcast area||Allegany/Olean, New York|
|Slogan||"Rock Radio 88.3 The Buzz"|
|First air date||1948|
|Format||Alternative Rock, Hip-hop, Classic Rock|
|Callsign meaning||St. Bonaventure University|
|Owner||St. Bonaventure University|
|Website||WSBU-FM 88.3 The Buzz|
Officially known as Rock Radio 88.3 The Buzz, WSBU is entirely student-run and managed, ranking No. 1 on the Princeton Review's list of best college radio stations. The Buzz's format is wide-ranged, with alternative rock during the week and hip-hop and classic rock on the weekends. In 2006, the station set up an account with Live365 and is now simulcast over the internet by accessing the station's website.
The station also produces student written newscasts that are broadcast every Monday - Friday at noon and every Monday - Thursday at 5 p.m. Each newscast features news stories on the national, international and local levels, as well as weather and entertainment. Each newscast also features a sports cast, which is written by a member of the sports department. In addition, the station broadcasts women's basketball games and men's baseball games.
The station is managed by a 16-student board of directors, with separate departments for programming, public relations, music, production, promotions, marketing, news and sports. The board is overseen by the station manager, a student who is elected at the end of every fall semester.
The current station manager is junior education major, Jessica Rehac. She was elected station manager in the annual station manager election, began on January 1 and will serve through the 2012 calendar year.
The station temporarily went off the air in October 2010 after the Federal Communications Commission claimed it did not file a license renewal in 2005. The station claimed not to have received any notification from the FCC about the license issue until 2010, when the FCC deleted the station from its database. It returned to the air under special temporary authority a few days later.
- Gregg Polatas, 87'-Host WFYV, Jacksonville,FL; Program Director WQLZ, Springfield, IL; currently Director of Marketing Renda Broadcasting/Jacksonville
- Jeff Kurzrock, 95'- Host of 1st Impressions, on the acclaimed independent radio station WBER
- Aaron Cappotelli, '97 - Production Director, Clear Channel Radio Dallas - KDMX/KHKS/KEGL/KDGE/KZPS
- Justin Craig, '97 - Program Director WMVP-AM Chicago, ESPN Radio 
- Phil Ceppaglia, '97 - Producer, The Mike Tirico Show, ESPN Radio
- Brendan McDaniels, '98 - Freelance Sportscaster, Buffalo, NY, formerly of WGR
- Paul Cramer, '99 - SVP of Interactive Solutions, Triton Digital Media 
- Emily Smith, '00 - television news anchor for WETM-TV/Elmira, WABC-TV/New York City  and Up to the Minute, currently pursuing job at WIVB-TV/Buffalo.
- Dan Hager, '05 - Producer, The Howard Simon Show, WGR 550-AM Buffalo, NY 
- Jeremy Noeson, '05 - Sports Director, WBKB-TV, Alpena, MI, formerly of WGR 
- Troy L. Smith, '06 - Reporter/Editor, Rochester, NY 
- WSBU-FM 88.3 The Buzz
- St. Bonaventure University
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSBU
- Radio-Locator information on WSBU
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSBU