|City of license||Salem, Virginia|
|Broadcast area||Metro Roanoke|
|Slogan||"70's and 80's Hits"|
|First air date||1969|
|Callsign meaning||W SuNny Virginia|
|Former callsigns||WJLM (1969-2002)
|Owner||Clear Channel Communications
(Capstar TX, LLC)
|Sister stations||WJJS, WJJX, WROV-FM, WROV-HD2, WSFF, WSNZ, WYYD|
WSNV broadcasts in an all-Christmas format from mid-November through Christmas Day.
WSNV launched in 1969 with the callsign WJLM and carried a Country format, branded as "J-93.5", with the slogan "Today's Hot Country". Clear Channel purchased the station and at midnight on December 26, 2002, The format was flipped from Country to Light Adult Contemporary under the callsign WSNV, branded as "Sunny 93.5".
Just after noon on March 10, 2005, WSNZ at 102.7 FM became a simulcast of WSNV and changed the branding to "Sunny FM". WSNZ moved to 101.7 FM frequency at noon on December 17, 2007. In March 2011, it was announced that WSNV would no longer be permitted to carry the station on more than one frequency due to broadcast laws. Therefore, at 5:00pm on March 25, 2011, WSNZ split from its simulcast with WSNV and began simulcasting WSFF at 106.1 FM. In late 2012, WSNV switched to an Oldies/Classic Hits format with the slogan "Hits of the 60's, 70s and 80s" and slightly changed the branding back to "Sunny 93.5" as it did from 2002 to 2005. On August 25, 2014, the branding changed to "70's and 80's Hits".
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "WSNV Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "A dawn of a new station...". VARTV.com. December 31, 2002.
- "Clear Channel Roanoke doing the shuffle". VARTV.com. December 14, 2007.
- "101.7 Lynchburg drops a simulcast for a new one". VARTV.com. March 25, 2011.
- Sunny 93-5 Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSNV
- Radio-Locator information on WSNV
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSNV