|City of license||Streator, Illinois|
|Broadcast area||La Salle/Peru, Illinois|
|Slogan||"News. Talk. Sports."|
|First air date||September 26, 1953|
|Power||500 watts (day)
64 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||Where Streator People Listen|
|Former callsigns||WIZZ (1953-2001)|
|Affiliations||Cumulus Media Networks|
(Mendota Broadcasting, Inc.)
|Sister stations||WALS, WBZG, WGLC-FM, WIVQ, WSTQ, WYYS|
WSPL (1250 AM) is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Streator, Illinois. The station is owned by Studstill Media and the broadcast license is held by Mendota Broadcasting, Inc .
WSPL broadcasts a news/talk radio format. As of January 2013[update], local programming on WSPL includes a morning drive show, the WSPL Morning Show airing Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM Central, hosted by Colin McIntyre, news with Nick Deranek, and sports with Illinois Hall of Fame Broadcaster "Big Al" Hauessler, along with a tradio show called The Swap Shop, which airs Monday through Friday at 9:15 AM Central along with Sundays at 9:30 AM Central. Sports broadcasts include Streator Township High School football and basketball. As of February 2013, the station was evolving back to a middle of the road format featuring music from the likes of The Carpenters, Dean Martin and Perry Como and became a 24/7 music format as of September 30th, 2013.
- "Directory of AM and FM Stations and Market Data for the United States". 1955 Broadcasting Yearbook-Marketbook. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1955. p. 133.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "On-Air Personalities". WSPL AM 1250. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "Cousin Ed's last 'Polka Party'". The Pantagraph (Bloomington, IL). November 9, 2001. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- "Cousin Ed remembered for music". The Daily Times (Ottawa, IL). January 20, 2004. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- WSPL official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WSPL
- Radio-Locator Information on WSPL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WSPL