|Industry||Construction management, engineering consulting|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Christopher Cole, (Chairman)|
|Revenue||£755.2 million (2008)|
|Operating income||£56.7 million (2008)|
|Net income||£36.7 million (2008)|
|Employees||circa 10,000 (2008)|
WSP Group plc is a British-based business providing management and consultancy services to the built and natural environment. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a former constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
On June 7, 2012, Genivar Inc. announced that it made a friendly takeover cash offer of £278 million (C$442 million) for WSP Group PLC. The offer is backed by WSP's board of directors as well as investors holding 37% of the company's shares. The take over was completed on August 1, 2012.
The Company was established in 1969 by Chris Cole and three other partners trading as the Williams Sale Partnership.In 1976, it was a founder member of BSRIA, the Building Services Research and Information Association. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1987.
In the 1990s the company expanded at home and overseas forming WSP Asia in 1995, incorporating T P O'Sullivan and Partners in 1997, acquiring US practices Cantor Seinuk and Flack + Kurtz in 2000, as well as buying Jacobson & Widmark (J&W) in Sweden in 2001, LT Consultants Oyj and EMP Projects Oyj in Finland in 2003 and, PHB Group in the UAE in 2005.
In 2007 it bought Lincolne Scott, an Australian building services and environment engineering consultancy, LC Consulting, a South African specialist in structural engineering, CEL International in the UK, and CBP Consulting Engineers in Germany. It increased its presence in the US acquiring, SEi, an engineering design business and Sells, transport and infrastructure engineers.
The Company is organised into three businesses: Property, Transport & Infrastructure and Environment and Energy.
Notable projects 
Notable projects in progress
- Two World Trade Center (200 Greenwich Street) in New York, NY
- Three World Trade Center (175 Greenwich Street) in New York, NY
- Berlin-Brandenburg International Airport: WSP CBP is providing project management services.
- Bond Street station for Crossrail: WSP is providing all professional design services for the station entrances.
- Citi Field in Flushing, New York
- The City Line in Sweden: WSP is providing project management services.
- City of Arabia in Dubai.
- One World Trade Center: WSP Cantor Seinuk is providing structural engineering services
- London Bridge Tower also known as Shard of Glass: WSP Cantor Seinuk is providing structural engineering services.
- Masdar City in Abu Dhabi: WSP is providing environmental services
- MGM MIRAGE CityCenter in Las Vegas, Nevada
Notable completed projects
- 1585 Broadway in New York, NY.
- 277 Park Avenue in New York, NY.
- 30 The Bond in Sydney, Australia.
- 383 Madison Avenue in New York, NY.
- 60 Wall Street in New York, NY.
- 7 World Trade Center in New York, NY.
- Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing, NY.
- 8 Spruce Street in New York, NY.
- Beetham Tower, Manchester, the tallest building in Britain outside London.
- Binh Bridge, Vietnam, opened in May 2005.
- The Biogas-to-Energy project at the PetroSA refinery in Mossel Bay, South Africa.
- Birmingham Bullring in Birmingham, UK.
- Canning Town station in London, UK.
- Condé Nast Building in New York, NY.
- Council House 2 in Melbourne, Australia.
- City Central Development in Adelaide, Australia.
- Farnborough Business Park, UK.
- Gotha Tunnel in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Hearst Tower (New York City), the city's first Gold LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified building.
- Hungerford Bridge crosses the river Thames in London.
- 885 3rd Avenue (The Lipstick Building) in New York, NY.
- Mellon Bank Center in Philadelphia, PA.
- The New York Times Building in New York, NY.
- The Orion in New York, NY.
- Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: WSP provided MEP services
- Royal Bank of Scotland Headquarters in Edinburgh, UK.
- Royal Shakespeare Company’s Courtyard Theatre in London, UK.
- Southern Cross Station, in Melbourne Australia.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Time Warner Center in New York, NY.
- Torre Mayor in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower in New York, NY.
- Trump Tower in New York, NY.
- Trump World Tower in New York, NY.
- Van Praet, Nicolas (2012-06-07). "Genivar bids for WSP Group as Quebec firms continue Europe takeover binge". Financial Post. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Genivar's $442 million WSP Group PLC takeover, no job cuts". The Gazette. 2012-06-08. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "GENIVAR and WSP Group join forces to become a global professional services firm with world-class expertise". GENIVAR Inc. (GNV). TMX Group. 2012-06-07. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Building Magazine, The Long Haul". Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "WSP Group buys CEL". Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "WSP Group pays £11m to expand presence in America". Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- WSP Group:Services
- "WSP throws reinforcements into Freedom Tower battle". Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "The Masdar Initiative". Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "KLCC - Petronas Towers". Retrieved 2011-09-25.
Design Management of Buildings