|City of license||Stamford, Connecticut|
|Broadcast area||Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut|
|Branding||News/Talk 1400 WSTC 1350 WNLK|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Power||780 watts unlimited|
|Callsign meaning||Stamford Town Channel, Stamford Town Center, Stamford, CT|
|Affiliations||CNN Radio, Premiere Networks, Dial Global|
|Owner||Sacred Heart University|
WSTC (1400 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a news talk information format. Licensed to Stamford, Connecticut, USA, the station serves the Stamford-Norwalk area and simulcasts on WNLK. The station is owned by Cox Radio and features programing from CNN Radio, Premiere Networks and Dial Global. Although WSTC is the main station, its studios are currently located in Norwalk, the city of license of WNLK; Cox will not renew the lease on this studio (which had earlier been vacated by WCTZ and WFOX) when it expires at the end of November 2011, and WSTC/WNLK will be sold to Sacred Heart University to become public radio stations operated by WSHU. Sacred Heart will begin its operation of the stations on November 7, 2011 via a local marketing agreement.
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- "WSTC Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WSTC Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Wright, Chase (October 28, 2011). "Cox Radio declines to renew lease, chance they may leave Norwalk". The Hour. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- "Cox Sells WSTC-WNLK To Sacred Heart University". All Access. November 1, 2011. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WSTC
- Radio-Locator Information on WSTC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WSTC
|This article about a radio station in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|