|City of license||Terre Haute, Indiana|
|Slogan||The Wabash Valley's Country Station|
|First air date||October 1948|
|Callsign meaning||Terre Haute, Indiana
(sometimes interpreted as Tony Hulman Incorportated)
(Emmis Radio License, LLC)
WTHI-FM (99.9 FM; "HI-99") is a radio station running a country music format in Terre Haute, Indiana. The station's studios and broadcast tower are located along Ohio Street in downtown Terre Haute. The station is owned by Emmis Communications.
WTHI-FM has led the Terre Haute market ratings for over twenty years. In 2007, the station celebrated 25 years in the country format. Over the years, WTHI has raised more than $1,000,000 for the kids at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
WTHI-FM's former studio building, which was shared with sister station WWVR and former sister station WTHI-TV (which was co-owned with WTHI-FM from 1954 to 2005), is being demolished in December 2012 to accommodate parking for a new office building constructed behind the former WTHI building and facing Wabash Avenue. The old building was constructed as a garment factory in 1906, but housed WTHI-FM and WTHI-TV from 1954 to 2012. WTHI-FM and WWVR, which were later joined by new acquisitions WFNF-1130 AM and WFNB-92.7 FM, moved into their new office building in August 2012; this separated the stations from WTHI-TV, which moved to its own new building (at 800 Ohio Street) in October 2012.
5am-10am "The Waking Crew" with Jeff Reynolds
10am-3pm Mel McMahon
3pm-7pm Eric Michaels
7pm-12am Kyle West
- Foulkes, Arthur (March 16, 2011). "New three-story office building planned for downtown Terre Haute". Tribune-Star. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- Foulkes, Arthur (March 20, 2011). "Downtown progress leading to razing of historic WTHI-TV and radio building". Tribune-Star. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WTHI
- Radio-Locator information on WTHI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WTHI
|This article about a radio station in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|