WWE Hell in a Cell
WWE Hell in a Cell is a professional wrestling event produced annually by WWE, a Connecticut–based professional wrestling promotion, and broadcast live and available only through pay-per-view (PPV). The event was established in 2009, replacing No Mercy in the early October slot of WWE's pay-per-view calendar. In 2012, WWE announced that Hell in a Cell will be moving to late October, leaving only one pay-per-view in October.
The concept of the show is based around WWE's established Hell in a Cell match, in which competitors fight inside a 20-foot-high roofed cell structure surrounding the ring and ringside area. Each main event match of the card is contested under the Hell in a Cell stipulation. Hell in a Cell was chosen over No Escape, Locked Up and Rage in a Cage.
Since its origin, the event has been held only in indoor arenas in the United States. Championship bouts are scheduled on every card, with the lower-tier titles featured on the undercard and the top-tier featured on the main card. Under the Brand Extension, WWE assigns its performers to either Raw or SmackDown, which cause matches to be set up between wrestlers on the same show.
The concept of this pay-per-view is that all the main event matches would be fought inside Hell in a Cell. The Hell in a Cell is a 20-foot-high roofed cell structure surrounding the ring and ringside area. In a Hell in a Cell match, there are no disqualifications or countouts (also no escape). The only way to win is by pinfall or submission inside the ring.
Dates and venues 
|Hell in a Cell (2009)||October 4, 2009||Newark, New Jersey||Prudential Center||D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels) vs. The Legacy (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase) in a Tag team Hell in a Cell match|
|Hell in a Cell (2010)||October 3, 2010||Dallas, Texas||American Airlines Center||Randy Orton (c) vs. Sheamus in a Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship
Kane (c) vs. The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship 
|Hell in a Cell (2011)||October 2, 2011||New Orleans, Louisiana||New Orleans Arena||Mark Henry (c) vs. Randy Orton in a Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Triple Threat Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship
|Hell in a Cell (2012)||October 28, 2012 ||Atlanta, Georgia||Philips Arena||Sheamus (c) vs. Big Show in a Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Ryback in a Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
|Hell in a Cell (2013)||October 27, 2013||Miami, Florida||American Airlines Arena|
See also 
- Caldwell, James (2009-06-27). "WWE News: WWE changes the names of two more PPVs; Report on WWE fan input leading to changes". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- "Specialty Matches: Hell in a Cell". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- "WWE seeking feedback on PPVs". WrestleView. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "WWE Entertainment To Make Raw and SmackDown Distinct Television Brands". World Wrestling Entertainment. 2002-03-27. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- "WWE Hell in a Cell". Prudential Center. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- Adkins, Greg (2009-10-04). "Results:DX-perience prevails". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- "Hell in a Cell 2010". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- "Results: Sins of the father". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "Hell in a Cell 2011". WWE. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Hell in a Cell 2012". WWE. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Cutting, Devin (2013-01-11). "COMPLETE DETAILS AND LOCATIONS ON ALL 2013 WWE PPV EVENTS". PWInsider. Retrieved 11 January 2013.