WWE Money in the Bank
Money in the Bank is a professional wrestling pay-per-view event, produced annually in mid-July by WWE. The company regarded it as one of the flagship events of WWE, as was the only Pay-Per-View (PPV) event named after an annual WrestleMania match, the Money in the Bank ladder match. The Money in the Bank ladder match debuted at WrestleMania 21 in 2005 and since that time the winner of that contest can cash in a briefcase that contains a contract for a World title match anytime in the next 12 months. From 2005-2010, at WrestleMania, there was only one Money in the Bank ladder match per year, and the winner could contest for any brand's world title; beginning with the advent of the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, however, there are two annual matches (one for Raw, one for SmackDown), with the winner only able to contend for his brand's world title, and the matches took place at the Money in the Bank event rather than WrestleMania.
The concept of this pay-per-view is that there are two Money in the bank ladder matches, one for a WWE Championship contract, and one for a World Heavyweight Championship contract. The winner receives a shot at his designated world championship.
Originally, the matches were divided by brand, with Raw wrestlers vying for the WWE Championship contract, and SmackDown wrestlers competing for the World Title contract. But with the dissolving, for all intents and purposes, of the brand extension in Fall 2011 in favor of all programming becoming full roster "Supershows", the two ladder matches were then simply divided by championship.
During the match, there are multiple superstars in the ring. The first person to climb the ladder and retrieve the briefcase is declared the winner. The winner can cash in that title shot anytime for up to one year, starting on the night of the pay-per-view.
Cash-in history 
- Kane cashed it on Rey Mysterio to become World Heavyweight Champion (Money in the Bank 2010)
- The Miz cashed it on Randy Orton to become WWE Champion (November 22nd episode of Raw)
- Alberto Del Rio cashed it on CM Punk to become WWE Champion (SummerSlam 2011)
- Daniel Bryan cashed it on Big Show to become World Heavyweight Champion (TLC 2011)
- John Cena cashed it on CM Punk for the WWE Championship. Cena won by DQ but was unable to win the title from CM Punk. (Raw 1000)
- Dolph Ziggler cashed it on Alberto Del Rio to become World Heavyweight Champion (Raw, April 8th 2013 - the night after WrestleMania 29)
Dates, venues, and main events 
|Event||Date||City||Venue||Main Event||MITB Winners|
|Money in the Bank (2010)||July 18, 2010||Kansas City, Missouri||Sprint Center||Sheamus vs. John Cena in a Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship|
|Money in the Bank (2011)||July 17, 2011||Rosemont, Illinois||Allstate Arena||John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship|
|Money in the Bank (2012)||July 15, 2012||Phoenix, Arizona||US Airways Center||John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. The Miz vs. Big Show in a Money in the Bank ladder match for the WWE Championship contract||John Cena (WWE Championship)
Dolph Ziggler (World Heavyweight Championship)
|Money in the Bank (2013)||July 14, 2013||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Wells Fargo Center|
- Martin, Adam. "Money in the Bank PPV Results - 7/18/10". Wrestleview. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- Martin, Adam. "Money in the Bank PPV Resutls - 7/17/11". Wrestleview. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- Cutting, Devin (2013-04-04). "WWE Money in the Bank Tickets". wwe.com. Retrieved 4 April 2013.