|First event||Payback (2013)|
WWE Payback is a professional wrestling event produced annually by WWE, a Connecticut–based promotion, and broadcast live and available through pay-per-view (PPV). The event was established in 2013, replacing No Way Out in June slot of WWE's pay-per-view calendar.
Since its origin, the event has been held only in indoor arenas in the United States (the two events have both taken place at the Allstate Arena, in Rosemont, Illinois). Championship bouts are scheduled on every card, with the lower-tier titles featured on the undercard and the top-tier featured on the main card.
Dates and venues
|Payback (2013)||June 16, 2013||Rosemont, Illinois||Allstate Arena||John Cena (c) vs. Ryback in a Three Stages of Hell match for the WWE Championship|
|Payback (2014)||June 1, 2014||The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) in a No Holds Barred Six-Man Elimination Tag Team match|
|Payback (2015)||May 17, 2015||Baltimore, Maryland||Royal Farms Arena||TBA|
- "Updated List of 2013 WWE Pay-Per-View Events". Wrestle Zone. Retrieved April 26, 2014.
- "WWE Announces Brand New PPV for Chicago in June". Wrestle Zone. Retrieved April 26, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (June 16, 2013). "CALDWELL'S WWE PAYBACK PPV RESULTS 6/16 (Hour 3): Cena vs. Ryback main event, Tag Title match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 26, 2014.
- "Updated List: Complete 2014 WWE PPV Calendar with Announced Dates and Locations". Wrestle Zone. Retrieved April 26, 2014.
- Martin, Adam. "Baltimore to host the WWE Payback PPV in 2015". wrestleview.com. Retrieved 9 September 2014.