|City of license||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Branding||CBS Sports 1430|
|Audience share||0.7 (Sp'08 P2, R&R)|
|Power||5,000 watts day
5,000 watts night
|Former callsigns||WFXF (1990–1992)
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio|
(Entercom License, LLC)
WXNT (1430 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Sports Radio format. Licensed to Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, the station serves the Indianapolis area. The station is owned by Entercom and features programing from CBS Sports Radio. The studios are located at 9245 N. Meridian Street. The transmitter and antenna are located near 49th St. and Knollton Road on the northwest side of Indianapolis.
The station was mentioned as officially opening their new studios on the show "Nightbeat" on October 27, 1950. For many years, its programming consisted of country music. It remained WIRE until the mid '80s. On November 28, 1990, the station became WFXF, which simulcast then-sister station WFXF-FM 103.3 and its classic rock format (as "103.3 The Fox", now Clear Channel owned alternative/active rock X-103). On May 18, 1992, the call letters changed to WCKN. They again changed on September 8, 1994 to WMYS, a "Music of Your Life" station playing big band music. On October 22, 2001 the station changed its callsign to WXNT and format to News/Talk. WXNT broadcasts Notre Dame Fighting Irish football and previously broadcast Butler University basketball. As WMYS, they were the flagship station of the Indianapolis Ice.
- "Indianapolis Market Ratings". Radio & Records.
- "WXNT Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WXNT Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "WKBF Now WIRE". Broadcasting. April 1, 1935. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "WXNT Indianapolis Joins CBS Sports Radio". Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WXNT
- Radio-Locator Information on WXNT
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WXNT
- Indiana Radio Archive, WXNT
|This article about a radio station in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|