|City of license||Bloomington, Illinois|
|Broadcast area||Bloomington-Normal, Illinois|
|Branding||WZND Fuzed Radio|
|Slogan||Top 40 with a twist|
|First air date||1965
|Format||College radio, top 40|
|HAAT||61.6 m (202.1 ft)|
|Former callsigns||WEWT-LP (2004-2011)|
|Owner||Illinois State University Foundation|
WZND-LP (103.3 MHz FM) is an Low Power FM radio station licensed to Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois, United States. The station is staffed by students of Illinois State University and airs music from genres including rock, hip-hop, classic, pop, and country.
ISU student radio
Student broadcasting at Illinois State University began in 1935 in a partnership with McLean County radio station WJBC. WILN, a campus radio station, was started in 1965 with the assistance of Ruth Yates and broadcast to the dorms.
On 18 March 1981, WILN changed its name to WZND and began broadcasting via carrier current on 106.1 FM and 540 AM. At first branded "The Sound" and later in 1983 "Cable’s Hot Music FM, The New WZND", the station now reached five thousand to ten thousand people. WZND broadcast progressive rock, new wave sound, and soul soul and aired local soul, jazz, and spot band music. In 2001 WZND rebranded to Z106 and broadcast alternative and hip hop music. On 4 April 2007, WZND switched formats to include 90s music in addition to alternative rock. In January 2010, WZND changed to a college shuffle format, playing a wide variety of genres. The station was rebranded "WZND Fuzed Radio".
WZND has had several locations on campus. Its original location was in Cook Hall in 1981, but moved to Old Union (then called the Media Services Building) in 1985. In the spring of 1994, WZND relocated to its current location in the basement of Fell Hall.
- "About Us: Our Broadcast/Our History/Our Future". Truth 103. 2005-06-06. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "About Us". http://www.wznd.com. WZND. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Timeline Photos". Facebook. WZND Fuzed Radio. 29 March 2015. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Steinbacher, Michele (3 March 2006). "WZND-FM celebrating 25 years on the air". The Pantagraph (The Pantagraph). Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Truth 103 Facebook post". Truth 103. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Rumbold, Katlyn (27 September 2011). "WZND switches to FM dial". Daily Vidette (The Vidette). Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Sallen, James (31 January 2013). "WZND On MTV-U". http://tv10.illinoisstate.edu. TV 10. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WZND
- Radio-Locator information on WZND-LP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WZND