|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Born||February 15, 1949
Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India
|Fields||Physiology, Psychology, Life Sciences|
|Institutions||Amity University, Noida and DRDO|
|Alma mater||St. Xaviers College, Palayamkottai. Christian Medical College, Vellore. Delhi University|
|Doctoral advisor||Prof. H. S. Nayar|
|Doctoral students||Air Marshal P Bandopadhyay, G. Ilavazhagan, Alka Chatterjee, Shoba Sharma|
|Other notable students||Air Marshal P Bandopadhyay (Retd. Director General, Medical Services, Indian Air Force), G. Ilavazhagan (Director, Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS))|
|Known for||Life Support Technologies for Armed Forces|
|Influences||A P J Abdul Kalam, V S Arunachalam, M S Swaminathan, Raja Ramanna, V K Aatre, Shri. M Natarajan|
|Influenced||V K Saraswat, Air Marshal P Bandopadhyay, G. Ilavazhagan|
|Notable awards||Atma-Swasthya Sri (2012), National Award for S&T Innovations (2012) by Hon'ble Prime Minister, Prize named after Academician MirsaidMirrakhimov "For Contribution to High Altitude Medicine" (2012), AchantaLakshmipathi Oration (2011), DRDO Technology Leadership Award (2010), Life Time Achievement Award from A P J Abdul Kalam, President of India (2006 & 2007), ICMR National Award – Shakuntala Amirchand Award (1976)|
W Selvamurthy likes to sing Light Music.
Presently Dr Selvamurthy is working with Amity University as a president Amity Science, Technology and Innovation Foundation and Director General for Amity Directorate of Science and Innovation. W Selvamurthy is a Distinguished Scientist and served as a Chief Controller, Research & Development (Life Sciences & International Cooperation) at Defence Research and Development Organisation, Government of India. He is a post graduate in Human Psychology from Christian Medical College, Vellor (1972) and Ph.D from University of Delhi (1982) and Doctorate of Science (D.Sc) from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (Deemed University), Bangalore (2006). He has been awarded the Degree of Doctorate of Science (D.Sc) (Honoris Causa) in recognition of his eminent attainment in the field of science and his distinctive place in the scientific world by Fakir Mohan University, Balasore (2008). He has also been awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc) (Honoris Causa) from Fakir Mohan University, Balasore (2008), Bharathiar University, Coimbatore (2009), Amity University (2011) and Karunya University (2011). He is spearheading the research and development activities for the health & wellbeing of the armed forces. His Research contributions have immensely benefited the armed forces in particular and society at large.
He did his post-graduation in Human Physiology from Christian Medical College, Vellore (1972) and Ph.D from University of Delhi (1982) and Doctorate of Science (D.Sc.) from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (Deemed University), Bangalore (2006). Recently he was awarded the Degree of Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) in recognition of his eminent attainment in the field of science and his distinctive place in the scientific world by Fakir Mohan University, Balasore (2008). He was awarded another honorary degree of Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore (2009). Amity University (2011) and Karunya University (2011).
Career & Contributions
W. Selvamurthy Joined Amity in 2013 as President(Honorary) for Amity Science, Technology and Innovation foundation before that W. Selvamurthy rendered his services in DRDO in 1973 and during the 40 years of service in DRDO he has had a meritorious career and became Director of two DRDO institutes i.e. Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences (DIPAS) & Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR) in the year 1992 and held this position for more than 10 years. He has personally made significant research contributions for the benefit of the soldiers in the fields related to:
- Physiological acclimatisation at high altitude
- Application of yoga for the Armed forces
- Discovered a drug to save war casualties subjected to severe hemorrhage
- Psychological stress and its management
- Life support systems for soldiers in extreme operational environments
- Member of Board of Governors, IIT, Indore
- Member of Academic Council, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology(DIAT), Pune
- Member of the Court of the COURT of Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet (SAC-C)
- Chairman Project Advisory Council (PAC) on Biomedical Science & Technology of Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India
- Member, Scientific Advisory Council (SAC) of Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi
- Chairman of Human Engineering Panel of Aeronautical Research and Development Board
- Chairman, Inter-ministerial group on Biodefence constituted by PMO.
- Co-chairman, Life Sciences Research Board at DRDO
- Co-Chairman, Joint Policy council of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- Area Coordinator ( Biomedical S&T) in ILTP programme of Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India
- Expert member at Department of Ocean Development, Govt of India
- Expert member of Project Advisory Council at Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India
- Member of Governing Council of Sri Ramachandara Medical University, Chennai
- Member of Governing Council of North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Member Secretary of Governing Council of Defence Institute of Armament Technology, Pune.
- Expert Member of various selection committees under UPSC, CSIR, DST, DBT Ministry of Environment & Forests.
- Research and development contributions of Selvamurthy in biomedical sciences have led to development of various technologies which have eventually culminated in enhancing the fighting efficiency of the armed forces in the extreme conditions like High Altitude, Under Water, Desert and Aerospace, Low Intensity Conflict and also Nuclear Biological and Chemical environment. Besides spearheading the ten life sciences laboratories of DRDO gave as HR chief, he newer dimensions to the Human Resource Developmental activities of DRDO for better human resource management and the future HR challenge in the light of market driven economy. He has given a new direction to International Cooperation in DRDO.
- He has successfully developed various life support technologies for enhancing the fighting efficiency of armed forces in the extreme conditions of high altitude, underwater, desert and aerospace, low intensity conflict and also Nuclear Biological Chemical environment.
- Formulated acclimatization schedules, tenure of posting, nutritional requirements, enhancement of human performance through Yoga and composite Indian herbal preparation for troops at high altitude which are in vogue today.
- Evaluated Physiological effects of Yogic practice through well-controlled studies on Young and Middle aged soldiers both at plains and high altitudes. Beneficial effects of Yoga has been demonstrated and accepted and Yoga has been introduced by Army and Navy.
- Developed new therapeutic modalities for treatment of High Altitude Pulmonary Odema (HAPO) using nitric oxide (15ppm) and oxygen (50%), and frostbite using Aloe vera cream thereby significantly reducing the mortality and morbidity of troops deployed at high altitude. More than 100 lives of the troops who succumb to HAPO in extreme high altitude areas have been saved.
- Demonstrated the therapeutic potential of Aloe Vera for the treatment of frostbite. This therapeutic modality has significantly reduced the incidence of frostbite in the Northern part of Siachin glaciers. Technology transfer for commercial production of Aloe Vera to Pharmaceutical industry has been done.
- Developed world class Computerized Pilot Aptitude Battery test (PABT) for selection of Pilots. This is commissioned in the Indian Air Force.
- Military Psychology is another area where he has made seminal research contributions. These areas include personality assessment during the recruitment of armed forces personnel, man-machine interface, psychological responses of men in extreme environments, and motivation. He presented his study on alienation of local population in J&K to the Government and most of the recommendations were accepted for implementation. Studies on increase in incidences of suicide and fratricide among troops have objectively been evaluated under his leadership; the recommendations are being implemented by armed forces for better management of the problem. This work has been applauded not only by Armed forces but also by other paramilitary and police forces of the country.
- A new Thermo-electric cooling suit has been developed with the help of M/s MECON, Ranchi, which can remove about 250 w of heat and thereby enhancing performance of people working in heat (Encl 5). This Unit is being integrated in the Main Battle Tank (MBT) in improving the performance of tank crew.
- Identified specific ergogenic fluids for effective rehydration to sustain optimal performance in desert.
- Developed new prophylactic method using Carbogen (5% CO2 & 95% O2) for protection against noise induced hearing loss among crews in ships and tanks. Navy has accepted it for induction in engine rooms of ships. Most of the recommendations based on his study have been implemented and practiced by the Armed Forces.
- Studied psychophysiology of stress and its management and various aspects of Military Psychology including incidences of suicides and fratricide among troops. Recommendations are being implemented by the Armed forces. Police and other paramilitary forces.
- The R&D contributions spearheaded by Selvamurthy have not only benefited the three wings of the Armed Forces but also have provided immense spin-off benefits to the Society at large. An antigen based Typhoid detection kit, 2-Deoxy-D-Glucose as radiosensitizer for cancer therapy, Diagnobact for infection imaging, attracticide for mosquito control and Leh-Berry Juice as antioxidant illustrate some of the critical spin-offs.
- As Chief Controller R&D (Life Sciences) spearheaded and facilitated development of pharmaceutical products like 2-DG for cancer therapy, Diagnobact for Infection imaging, Attracticide for mosquito control, Typhigen kit for typhoid diagnosis, Food technologies for meals ready to eat, horticultural development at high altitude etc.
- As Chairman, Society for Biomedical Technology, successfully supervised development of various spin-off technologies for benefits of the society like critical care ventilator, titanium dental implants and FRO for Polio patients etc.
- As Chairman of Human Engineering Panel of Aeronautical Research and Development Board have provided valuable input for LCA programme particularly to the human factors aspects of the programme.
- As Chairman of Programme Management Board of Society for Bio-medical Technology, have facilitated indigenous development of some useful bio-medical products including critical care ventilator, titanium dental implant, Light Weight foldable Stretcher, FRO for polio patient and orbit implant.
- Taken newer initiatives in talent management of DRDO to reduce manpower turnover.
- One among 13 experts selected at the global level by World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), a UNO body (1983–85) to formulate policies related to Climate and Human Health. Was leader of First Indo-Soviet Expedition to Arctic for understanding the human acclimatization in the polar environment of the tropical people. Served as Representative of International Society of Biometeorology in World Health Organisation (South East Asian Region) (1990–95).
- Represented India in organization of prevention of chemical weapons conference of state parties held at Hague in 2006.
- In the field of Disaster Management, Selvamurthy's R&D contributions have served the victims affected by earthquake, cyclone, tsunami and floods, as well as for NBC eventualities.
- Provided new impetus for technology developments in critical NBC defence technologies, which have been already delivered, to the Armed Forces in large quantity. A compendium on NBC defence technologies and products developed by DRDO under his initiative has been published which is a useful document to source for the procurement of such equipments and devices. The Para-Military forces and civilian sectors are also considering the introduction of the relevant items developed by DRDO in this field under his leadership.
- Formulated SOP for handling any eventuality of NBC attack on the nation. MHA has appreciated the valuable inputs from DRDO in its endeavors of SOP formulation and its implementation. Played a pivotal role in formulating SOP for DRDO in crisis management. Represented India in the conference of State Parties at the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) at The Hague (Netherlands).
- PMO through MHA constituted an Inter Ministerial Expert Group under the Chairmanship of W. Selvamurthy to give inputs to MHA in the field of bio defence and in formulation of national approach for bio-defence. The Report has recently been submitted to MHA. In 2007 organized a national workshop on bio-defence, which will lead to the formulation of a major R&D programme in this field as a national initiative. Led a team of DRDO scientists and doctors during the natural disasters such as earthquake at Latur and Bhuj, super cyclone in Orissa and Andhra Pradesh. The team has effectively used DRDO technologies such as SATCOM terminals for maintaining the communication for relief operations, the water potability detection kit, water purification system for providing potable water, the meals ready-to-eat for meeting food requirement, DRDO developed diagnostic kits for infectious diseases and doctors with essential medicines to provide health care to the victims. The defence psychologists of DRDO have also helped in the posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) management of the affected individuals. Though these are modest contributions in such large-scale disasters such relief through DRDO technologies under his leadership has been appreciated by the civil authorities.
- Published 15 books and 200 Research papers which are widely cited.
- Leader of the First Indo-Soviet Scientific Expedition to the Arctic for physiological experiments (1990–91).
- Elected Fellow of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists (1990).
- Elected Fellow of National Academy of Medical Scientists (2008).
- Elected Fellow of International Medical Science Academy (2006).
- Held many important positions in various scientific bodies:
- President – Federation of Indian Physiological Societies
- Vice President – Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists
- Advisor to Executive Board of International Society of Biometeorology (ISB)
- Consulting Editor – International Journal of Biometeorlogy IJPP, IJPAS, IJMR
- Expert Member of WHO, a UNO body
- International Society of Biometeorology (ISB) Representative in World Health Organisation
- Chairman/Expert Member of various National Scientific Committees of DST, ICMR, CSIR, DOD etc.
In recognition of his outstanding research contributions, he has been honoured with the following prestigious Research Awards from different prestigious organizations:
- 'Atma-Swasthya Sri' Endowment Award presented by His Holiness Sri Siddharam Swamiji, Naganur Shri Rudrakshimath, Belgaum (Karnataka) (2012)
- "National Award for S&T Innovations" by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and presented by Manmohan Singh, Hon'ble Prime Minister of India (2012)
- Prize named after Academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov "For Contribution to High Altitude Medicine" by National Center of Cardiology and Internal Medicine, Kyrgyz Republic (2012)
- "Achanta Lakshmipathi Oration" by National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS) (2011)
- DRDO Technology Leadership Award (2010)
- Prof SC Mahalanobis Memorial Oration (2007) – The Physiological Society of India
- Delivered Shri Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Lecture on Life Sciences in Service of Soldiers at SHANMUGHA, SASTRA University, Thanjavur (2007)
- Lifetime Achievement Award received from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, Honorable President of India, in the field of Clinical and Preventive Cardiology in the World (2006 & 2007)
- Dr CL Baid Metha Oration – (2005)
- Prof SK Mitra Memorial Lecture – The Institution of Engineers (India) (2004)
- Rastre Shresht Nidhi Award – Industrial Technology of India (2004)
- Best Academician Award – Zoroastrian College an NGO affiliated United Nation of Economy and Social Sciences (2004)
- Dr P Brahmayya Sastry Memorial Award – Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists (2003)
- Annual Guest Oration (JSS) – JIPMER Scientific Society (2003)
- HH Loescheke Research Prize in Respiratory Physiology – Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India (2002)
- National Citizen’s Award – National Citizen’s Committee (2001)
- Platinum Jubilee Oration by Indian Science Congress Association (1995)
- Maj. Gen. S.L. Bhatia Oration by Assn. of Physiologists & Pharmacologists Society of India (1994)
- Scientist of the year Award by DRDO (1989)
- Shakuntala Amir Chand Award by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)(1986)
- Maj. General Amir Chand Award by DGAFMS (1984)
- Thangam Vasudevan Research Prize by Indian Association of Biomedical Award Scientist (1981) 
- Contributions to Human Biometeorology edited by W. Selvamurthy (1987) ISBN 90-5103-004-5
- Brain & Psychophysiology of Stress edited by W Selvamurthy, K.N. Sharma & N. Battacharya (1988)
- Compendium of DIPAS Projects edited by W. Selvamurthy, K.Sridharan & L. Mathew (1988)
- Biometerology, Vol.9, Part-I (Abstracts) edited by W.Selvamurthy, S.C. Pandeya & H.Lieth (1983)
- Stress Physiology edited by W.Selvamurthy, K.Sridharan & B.N. Chaudhari (1989)
- Advance in Physiological Sciences edited by W. Selvamurthy, S.K. Manchanda & V. Mohan Kumar (1992)
- Physiology of Human Performance edited by W. Selvamurthy, Kadambi Sridharan & Ramesh C. Sawhney (1994)
- Meditation edited by W. Selvamurthy, Ramesh C. Sawhney & Lajpat Rai (1999)
- Human Food edited by W. Selvamurthy, Ramesh C. Sawhney, Lajpat Rai & B. Bhatia (1999)
- Battle Scene in Year 2020 edited by W. Selvamurthy, P.N. Chaudhari (1999)
- Rosary of Lord's Name edited by W. Selvamurthy, Ramesh C. Sawhney & Lajpat Rai (1999)
- Advances in Ergonomics, Occupational Health and Safety edited by W Selvamurthy and D Majumdar (2000) ISBN 81-224-1277-7
- Body Measurement : Design Application & Body Composition edited by W. Selvamurthy, T. Zachariah, S. Kishnani & S.N. Pramanik (2001)
- Soaring High: A Biography of V. K. Aatre by K Divyananda and W Selvamurthy (2005) ISBN 81-88237-24-8
- High Altitude Cold Arid Agro Animal Technology edited by W. Selvamurthy, R.B. Srivastava (2011)
- Frequency modulation of hippocampal stimulation effects on cardiorespiratory responses in monkeys RA Dhume, W. Selvamurthy, PP Irudayaraj, S Dua Sharma, KN Sharma and MG Gogate Ind J Med Res, 63(8): 1077-1088, 1975
- Responses of autonomic nervous system during acclimatisation to high altitude in man MS Malhotra, W Selvamurthy, SS Purkayastha, A.K. Mukherjee, L Mathew and GL Dua Aviat Space Environ Med 48(2): 125-128, 1976
- Changes in orthostatic tolerance in man at an altitude of 3,500 meters MS Malhotra and W. Selvamurthy Aviat Space Environ Med, 48(2): 125-128, 1977
- Cold induced vasodilation and peripheral blood flow under local stress in man at altitude Lazar Mathew, SS Purkayastha, W Selvamurthy and MS Malhotra Aviat Space Environ Med 48(2): 203-213, 1977
- Changes in EEG pattern during acclimatisation to high altitude (3,500 m) in man W Selvamurthy, RK Saxena, N Krishnamurthy, ML Suri and MS Malhotra Aviat Space Environ Med 49(8): 968-971, 1978
- Pulmonary oedema: Central mechanism of causation W Selvamurthy, RK Saxena and MS Malhotra AFMJ, 34(4):343-349, 1978
- Effect of altitude acclimatisation on thermoregulation efficiency of man RM Rai, W Selvamurthy, SS Purkayastha and MS Malhotra Aviat Space Environ Med, 49(5): 707-709, 1978
- Autonomic responses of high altitude natives during sojourn at plains and on return to altitude W Selvamurthy, RK Saxena, N Krishnamurthy and HS Nayar Aviat Space Environ Med, 52(6): 346-349, 1981
- Study of some physiological and biochemical parameters in subjects undergoing yogic training S Joseph, K sridharan, SKB Patil, ML Kumria, W. Selvamurthy and HS Nayar Ind J Med Res, 74(7): 120-124, 1981
- Effect of altitude and cold on pulmonary functions W Selvamurthy, R.K. Saxena, N Krishnamurthy, SC Lakhera & SS Srivastava Biomedicine, 3(1): 13-18, 1983
- Physiological effects of yogic practice W Selvamurthy, HS Nayar, NT Joseph and S Joseph NIMHANS Journal (1):71-80, 1983
- Physiologische effects des yoga trainings (In German) W Selvamurthy Z Phys Med Brain Med Klim, 12: 295-301, 1983
- Effect of yogic asanas and physical exercises on body flexibility in middle aged men US Ray, KS Hegde and W Selvamurthy The Yoga Review, 3: 75-79, 1983
- Neurophysiological problems in snow bound high altitude areas W Selvamurthy Def Sci J, 34(4): 397-415, 1984
- Physiological and behavioural responses in rats and men during total solar eclipse, 1980 W Selvamurthy and US Ray Biomedicine, 5(2): 25-28, 1985
- Yoga and Health W Selvamurthy Health and Personality, 2(1): 16-19, 1986
- Improvement in muscular efficiency as related to standard task after yogic exercises in middle aged men US Ray, KS Hegde and W Selvamurthy Indian J Med Res, 83(3):343-348, 1986
- Sleep patterns at an altitude of 3,500 m W Selvamurthy, VRK Raju, S Ranganathan, KS Hegde and US Ray Int J Biometeorol, 30(2): 123-135, 1986
- Report on the Proceedings of the 36th session of WHO Regional Committee for South East Asia W. Selvamurthy Int J of Biometeorology 30(3):291-292, 1986
- Computerised EEG analysis of Penicillin induced seizure threshold in developing rats SK Sharma, W Selvamurthy, M Behari, NC Maheswari and TP Singh Indian J Med Res, 86: 775-782, 1987
- Chromosomal aberrations in high altitude natives and in low lenders inducted to high altitudes H Bharadwaj et al. Book ‘Contribution to Human Biometeorology’ (Eds W Selvamurthy-Den Hagg: SP Academic Publishing, Hague, Netherlands) pp 115–164, 1987
- Neurophysiological responses at high altitude W. Selvamurthy Proc National symposium on ‘Physiology of Human Performance’, DIPAS, Delhi pp 01–15, 1987
- Physiological responses to cold (10oC) in men after six months practice of yogic exercises W Selvamurthy, US Ray, KS Hegde and RP Sharma Int J Biometeorol, 32: 188-193, 1988
- Acute toxicity of methyl isocynate, administered subcutaneously in rabbits: Changes in physiological, clinico-chemical and histological parameters K Jeevarathinam, W Selvamurthy, US Ray, S Mukhopadyay and L Thakur Toxicology, 51: 223-240, 1988
- Effect of acute induction of high altitude on CNS and other systems W Selvamurthy Indian J Aerospace Med, 32: 09-18, 1988
- Physiology of man at high altitude: Recent trends W Selvamurthy Ann Natl Acad Med Sci, 25: 175-186, 1989
- Physiological effects of mantras on mind and body W Selvamurthy, M Deshpande, S Mukhopadyay, US Ray, L Thankur and JP Anand Prof National Conference on Mantra Yoga, N Delhi, 34-42, 1989
- Seizure susceptibility and intraictal sodium valproate induced recovery in developing undernourished rats SK Sharma, M Behari, MC Maheshwari and W Selvamurthy Indian J Med Res, 92: 129-127, 1990
- Acute toxicity of methylisocynate in mammals: III Electroencephalographic changes in rabbits K Jeevarathinam and W Selvamurthy Biomed Environ Sci (USA), 3: 413-421, 1990
- Kainic acid induced epileptogenesis in developing and undernourished rats: A computerised EEG analysis SK Sharma, W Selvamurthy, MC Maheshwari and TP Singh Indian J Med Res, 32: 456-466, 1990
- Role of xanthinol nicotinate in the revival of monkeys subjected to acute haemorrhagic shock KS Hegde, W Selvamurthy, US Ray and SKB Patil Indian J Med Res (B), 94: 440-446, 1991
- In vivo experimental model to evaluate the insect repellent N-N, Diethylphenylacetamide in Periplaneta americana S Prakash, W Selvamurthy and KM Rao Ind J Med Res (A), 93:182-188, 1991
- Sahaja Yoga in the management of untractable epileptics HL Gupta, U Dudani, SH Singh,SG Surange and W Selvamurthy J Assoc Physicians India, 39(8): 649, 1991
- Auditory evoked responses in patients of diabetes mellitus S Mukhopadyay, RM Dhamija, W Selvamurthy, RC Chaturvedi, L Thakur and ML Sapra Indian J Med Res (B), 96:81-86, 1992
- Peripheral vascular responses to local cold stress of tropical men during sojourn in the Arctic cold region SS Purkayastha, W Selvamurthy and G Ilavazhagan Jap J Physiol, 42: 877-889, 1992
- Cold induced vasodilatation and peripheral blood flow under local cold stress in tropical men at Arctic SS Purkayastha, W Selvamurthy and G Ilavazhagan Indian J Physiol Pharmcol, 36(5):15-19 1992 (Suppl)
- Physiological responses during 10 weeks sojourn in extreme arctic Cold Environments W Selvamurthy, P Bandopathyay, SS Purkayastha, US Ray, G Ilavazhagan and S Mukhopadhyay Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 36(5):6-7, 1992 (Suppl)
- Book “Advances in Physiological Sciences” SK Manchanda, W Selvamurthy and V Mohan Kumar (Eds) Macmillan India Ltd., Delhi: 323-328, 1992
- Sleep pattern and circadian variations of some physiological functions of tropical men during sojourn in Arctic winter US Ray, W Selvamurthy, S Mukhopadhyay, SS Purkayastha & G Ilavazhagan In : ‘Sleep and Wakefulness’ Eds V Mohan Kumar, BN Mallick and U Nayar pp 113–118, 1992
- Experimental studies on the treatment of frostbite in rats SS Purkayastha, PC Chhabra, SS Verma and W Selvamurthy Indian J Med Res (B) 98: 178-184, 1993
- Respiratory changes due to extreme cold in the arctic environment P Bandopadyay and W Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol, 37: 32-35, 1993
- Responses of Arctic and Tropical men to a standard cold test and peripheral vascular responses to local cold stress at Arctic SS Purkayastha, G Ilavazhagan, US Ray and W Selvamurthy Aviat Space Environ Med, 64(12): 1113-1119, 1993
- Biomedical application of simulated environment W Selvamurthy Def Sci J, 43(3): 253-258, 1993
- Effect of intermittent chronic exposure to hypoxia on feeding behaviour of rats SB Singh and W Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol, 37: 200-202, 1993
- Neurophysiological mecanism of the deterioration in mental function under heat stress W Selvamurthy, Ganesh Pichan, S Mukhopadyay, MR Panwar and V Asnani Ann Natl Acad Med Sci (India), 29(2): 133-142, 1993
- Effects of environmental neurotoxins in the developing brain SK Sharma, W Selvamurthy & K Dakshinamurthy Proceedings of 13th International Congress of Biometeorology 447-455, 1993.
- Effect of yogic exercises on thyroid function in subjects resident at sea level upon exposure to high altitude SB Rawal, MV Singh, AK Tyagi, W Selvamurthy and BN Chaudhuri Int J Biometeorol, 38: 44-47, 1994
- Personality traits and performance of military parachutist trainees VM Sharma, K Sridharan, W Selvamurthy and MR Panwar Ergonomics, 37(7): 1145-1155,1994
- Body weight skin fold thickness in Antarctica D Majumdar, SS Purkayastha and W Selvamurthy Dept of Ocean Development, Technical Publication No 6: Scientific Report on IX Indian Expedition to Antarctica pp 256–268, 1994
- Effect of Sahaja Yoga on stress management in patients of epilepsy U Panjwani, HL Gupta, SH Singh, W Selvamurthy and UC Rai Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 39(2): 111-116, 1995
- Acclimatisation at high altitude in gradual and acute induction SS Purkayastha, US Ray, BS Arora, PC Chhabra, L Thakur, P Bandopadyay and W Selvamurthy J Appl Physiol, 79(2): 487-492, 1995
- The role of free radicals in cold injuries G Bhaumik, KK Srivastava, W Selvamurthy and SS Purkayastha Int J Biometeorol, 38: 171-175, 1995
- Auditory evoked responses in tropical men during sojourn over the Arctic region S Mukhopadyay, W Selvamurthy and US Ray Int J Biometeorol,38: 67-69, 1995
- Environmental impact on crew of armoured vehicles: Effects of 24 h combat exercise in hot desert AP Singh, D Majumdar, MR Bhatia, KK Srivastava and W Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol, 39: 64-68, 1995
- Regression of body density on skin fold thickness in high altitude native: Decline in the predictive efficiency on deacclimatisation to low altitude H Bharadwaj, T Zachariah, S Kishnani, SN Pramanik, J Prasad, KL Chaudhary, GP Dimri, TC Rao and W Selvamurthy Def Sci J, 45(3): 237-242, 1995
- Homoeopathy- A possible curative measure for frostbite BB Sarkar, SS Purkayastha and W Selvamurthy Asian Homoeopathic J, 5:10-41, 1995
- Effect of vitamin C in modulating the hypothermic influence on nerve conduction U Panjwani, SB Singh,SS Verma, DK Yadav and W Selvamurthy Jap J Physiol, 46(5): 397-402, 1996
- What makes Air Force career attractive DN Srivastava, W Selvamurthy, PM Gopinathan and Sunita Atreya Asian J Psychology and Education, 29(1-2): 21-23, 1996
- Brain stem auditory evoked potentials in epileptics on different antiepileptic Drugs Usha Panjwani, SH Singh, W Selvamurthy, HLGupta, S Mukhopadyay and Lalan Thakur Indian J Phyisol Pharmacol, 40(1): 29-34, 1996
- Effect of Sahaja Yoga practice on seizure control and EEG changes in patients of epilepsy U Panjwani, W Selvamurthy, SH Singh, HL Gupta, Lalan Thakur and UC Rai Indian J Med Res, 103: 165-172, 1996
- Effect of high altitude hypoxia on feeding responses and hedonic matrix in rats SB Singh, A Sharma, KN Sharma and W Selvamurthy J Appl Physiol, 80(4): 1133-137, 1996
- Yoga for every one: a physiologist’s view W Selvamurthy J Oriental Research, 63, 07-32, 1996
- Clinical observations in tropical men during their sojourn over the Arctic Region P Bandopadyay and W Selvamurthy JAPl, 44(4): 248-251, 1996
- Respiratory changes during initial days of acclimatisation to increasing altitudes CK Basu, W Selvamurthy, G Bhaumik, RK Gautam and RC Sawhney Aviat Space Environ Med, 67(1): 40-45, 1996
- Metabolic responses during initial days of altitude acclimatisation in the Eastern Himalayas CK Basu, W Selvamurthy, G Bhaumik, RK Gautam and RC Sawhney Aviat Space Environ Med, 67(1): 40-45, 1996
- Homoeopathy: A possible curative measure for frostbite BB Sarkar, SS Purkayastha and W Selvamurthy Asian Homoeopathic Journal, 6(1): 31-41, 1996
- Mechanism of action of NIM-76: A novel vaginal contraceptive from Neem oil SK Sharma, M Sai Ram, G Ilavazhagan, Devendra Kumar, SS Shivaji and W Selvamurthy Contraception, 54: 373-378, 1996
- Involvement of protease in tert-butylhidroperoxide mediated activation of Ca2+ATPases in microsomes of pulmonary smooth muscle Salil K Ghosh, Tapti Chakraborti, W Selvamurthy, Sujata Roy Choudhury and Sajal Chakraborti Indian J Biochem and Biophy, 33: 414-419, 1996
- Human adaptation exposure environments W Selvamurthy Proceedings of 14th International Congress of Biometeorology, Slovania, pp 241–253, 1996
- High altitude effects on human taste intensity and hedonics SB Singh, Alka Sharma, DK Yadav, SS Verma, DN Srivastava, KN Sharma & W Selvamurthy Aviat Space Environ Med 68: 1123-1128, 1997
- Influence of vanadium on acclimatisation of humans to high altitude SB Rawal, MV Singh, A Salhan, W Selvamurthy, AK Tyagi & S Kumar Int J Biometeorol, 40: 95-98, 1997
- Immunomodulatory effects of NIM-76, a volatile fraction from Neem oil M Sai Ram, SK Sharma, G Ilavazhagan, Devendra Kumar and W Selvamurthy J Ethnopharmacol, 55: 133-139, 1997
- Biological consequences of microwave stress: Implications for mutagenesis and carcinogenesis S Sarkar, MM Gupta and W Selvamurthy IETE Technical Review, 14(3): 153-163, 1997
- Cold acclimatisation of tropical men during short and long term sojourn to Polar Environment SS Purkayastha, D Majumdar and W Selvamurthy Def Sci J, 47(2): 149-158, 1997
- Hypobaric hypoxia and hedonic matrix in rats S.B. Singh, A Sharma, U Panjwani, DK Yadav, KN Sharma and W Selvamurthy Jap J Physiol, 47(4): 327-333, 1997
- Involvement on the ground: Genesis of flight safety DN Srivastava, PM Gopinathan and W. Selvamurthy Safety Journal, XXXVI: 36-37, 1997
- Post exercise changes in visual evoked potential measures and contrast sensitivity function Catherine Joseph, Mantu Saha and W Selvamurthy Ind J Aerospace Med, 41(2), 68-74, 1997
- Physiological effects of wearing heavy body armour on male soldiers D Majumdar, KK Srivastava, SS Purkayastha, Ganesh Pichan and W Selvamurthy Int J Industrial Ergonomics, 20: 155-161, 1997
- Physiological responses to load lifting in different heights and frequencies D Majumdar, SS Purkayastha, Deepti, Rakesh Kumar and W Selvamurthy In: Complex systems, cognitive ergonomics, occupational safety & material handling (Finland), Vol 3: 552-554, 1997
- Efficacy of pentoxifylline with aspirin in the treatment of frostbite in rats SS Purkayastha, Arijit Roy, SKS Chauhan, SS Verma & W Selvamurthy Indian J Med Res, 107: 239-245, 1998
- A new physiological approach to control essential hypertension W Selvamurthy, K Sridharan, US Ray, RS Tiwary, KS Hegde, U Radhakrishnan and KC Sinha Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 42(2): 205-213, 1998
- Body composition in air and road inductees at high altitude during the initial days of acclimatisation US Ray and W Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol, 41: 120-124, 1998
- Effect of hypobaric hypoxia on immune functions in albino rats M Sai Ram, SK Sharma, P Dipti, T Pauline, AK Kain, SS Mongia, Anju Bansal, BD Patra, G Ilavazhagan, K Devendra & W Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol, 42:51-54, 1998
- High altitude maladies: Recent trends in medical management W Selvamurthy and CK Basu Int J Biometeorol, 42: 61-66, 1998
- Cardiorespiratory responses during high altitude acclimatisatisation in road and air induction W Selvamurthy, SS Purkayastha and CK Basu In ‘Respiratorycontrol mechanisms and sensations’ AS Paintal and Ashima Anand (Eds) VP Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, Delhi, pp 135–154, 1998
- Physiological, Biochemical and histological changes due to physostigmine in monkeys K Jeevaratnam, S Dasgupta, Praveen Kumar, SC Pant and AS Sachan W Selvamurthy, US Ray, S Mukhopadhyay and SS Purkayastha Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 42: 25-38, 1998
- Health Care delivery system, role of alternate system of medicine W Selvamurthy In: Technology Management in Health Care (Ed) L Mathew, DEBEL, Bangalore, pp 133–144, 1998
- Effect of inhaled Nitric Oxide and Oxygen in High Altitude Pulmonary Edema S. Anand, BAK Prasad, SS Chug, KRM Rao, DN Cornfield, CE Milla, N. Singh, S. Singh and W Selvamurthy Circulation, 98: 2441-2445, 1998
- Prediction of peak expiratory flow rate in healthy Indian boys and girls 8–13 years of age SS Verma, YK Sharma, S Arora, P Bandopadhyay and W Selvamurthy Z Morph Anthrop, 82: 207-215, 1999
- Biochemical and immunological changes on oral glutamate feeding in male albino rats Devendra Kumar, Anju Bansal, Pauline Thomas, Sai Ram, SK Sharma, SS Mongia, R Singh and W Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol,42: 201-204, 1999
- Improved high altitude hypoxic tolerance and amelioration of anorexia and hypophagia in rats on oral glutamate supplementation Devendra Kumar, Bansal A, Thomas P, Mongia SS, Sharma SK, Sai Ram M, Grover SK, Singh MV, Prasad D, Ilavazhagan G and W Selvamurthy Aviat Space Environ Med, 70: 475-479, 1999
- Effect of vitamin C and E in modulating peripheral vascular response to local cold stimulus in man at high altitude SS Purkayastha, RP Sharma, G Ilavazhgan, K sridharan, S Ranganathan and W Selvamurthy Jap J Physiol, 49: 159-167, 1999
- Effect of stress on somatosensory evoked potentials Usha Panjwani, SB Singh, K Harinath, Deepak K Yadav and W Selvamurthy Stress Medicine, 15: 35-40, 1999
- Physiological and psychological effects of ageing in man W Selvamurthy, SS Purkayastha and D Majumdar J Ind Med Assoc., 97(4): 129-135, 144& 147, 1999
- Nutritional requirements at high altitude Som Nath Singh, K Sridharan and W Selvamurthy NFI Bulletin, 20(3): 1-4, 1999
- Frostbite – Susceptibility, Prevention and Immediate Treatment. S.S. Purkayastha and W. Selvamurthy Defence Science Journal, 49(5): 371-380, 1999.
- Physiological Changes in ageing. W. Selvamurthy, S.S. Purkayastha & D. Majumdar. In : Diet and Ageing (Ed.) K. Bagchi, S. Puri, Ch. 2, pp. 19–27, 1999.
- Indirect Assessment of Peak Expiratory Flow Rate in Healthy Indian Children. S.S. Verma, Y.K. Sharma, S.Arora, P.Bandopadhyay and W. Selvamurthy, J Tropical Pediatrics, 46: 54-56, 2000.
- Soldier at High Altitude : Problems & Preventive Measures. S.S. Purkayastha, and W.Selvamurthy, Def Sci J, 50 (2)183-198 2000.
- Effect of Sojourn at Altitude of 3,500 m on auditory evoked potential in man S. Mukhopadhyay, L Thakur, J.P. Anand and W. Selvamurthy, Indian J Physiol Pharmacol; 44 (2): 211-214, 2000.
- Anti-microbial activity of a new vaginal contraceptive NIM-76 from neem oil (Azadirachta indica), M. SaiRam, G. Ilavazhagan, S.K. Sharma, S.A. Dhanraj, B. Suresh, M.M. Parida, A.M. Jana, Kumar Devendra, W. Selvamurthy, J Ethnopharmacol 71: 377-382 (2000).
- Effect of high altitude on sensitivity to the taste of phenylthiocarbamide SB Singh, A Chatterjee, U Panjwani, DK Yadav, W Selvamurthy, KN Sharma Int J Biometeorol 44:20-23, 2000.
- Effects of mountaineering training at high altitude (4,350 m) on physical work performance of women SS Purkayastha, G Bhaumik, RP Sharma, BS Arora and W Selvamurthy Aviat Space Environ Med, 71: 685-691, 2000.
- Effect of Kombucha Tea on chromate (VI) induced oxidative stress in albino rats, M Sairam, Anju B, T Pauline, Dipti Prasad, AK Kain, SS Mongia, SK Sharma, B Singh, R Singh, G Ilavazhagan, Devendra Kumar and W Selvamurthy J Ethnopharmacol, 71: 235-240, 2000.
- Thyroid status in women mountaineers at high altitude AK Salhan, SB Rawal, MV Singh, AK Tyagi, Narinder Kumar and Sanjeev Kumar, Shoba Suri and W Selvamurthy Euro J Nuclear Med, 15 (4): 156-160, 2000.
- Effect of Sahaja Yoga Meditation on Auditory Evoked Potentials (AEP) and visual contrast sensitivity (VCS) in Epileptics U Panjwani, W Selvamurthy, SH Singh, HL Gupta, S Mukhopadhyay and L Thakur. Applied Psychophysiol Biofeedback, 25(1): 01-13, 2000.
- Yoga and Stress Management : Psycho-physiological correlates W Selvamurthy and RK Sokhi In : Studies on Ayurveda in Japan, 31:216-228, 2001
- Effect of yogic exercises on physical and mental health of young fellowship course trainees US Ray, S Mukhopadhyay, SS Purkayasatha, Vimla Asnani, OS Tomar, Rajendera, Prashad, Lalan Thakur and W Selvamurthy Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 45(1):37-53, 2001
- In search of possible mechanism of high altitude anorexia Som Nath Singh, P Vats and W Selvamurthy In Proceedings of ‘Biotechnology in Health Care’ pp 214–227,2001 Eds : T Lazar Mathew, PLC Sharma, BS Dwarkanath Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences, Delhi
- Body measurements : Design applications in sizing clothing in Defence Services T Zachariah, S Krishnani, SN Pramanik, PK Banerjee and W Selvamurthy Udyog Pragati Def. Sci. J 25(2):23-25, 2001
- Body measurements: Design applications & body composition (Book BY T.Zachariah, S Krishnani, SN Pramanik and W Selvamurthy Published by DESIDOC, Delhi, 2001
- Role of neuropeptide Y and galanin in high altitude induced anorexia in rats. SN Singh, P Vats, R Shyam, S Suri, MML Kumaria, S Ranganathan, K. Sridharan and W Selvamurthy Nutritional Neuroscience, 4: 323-331, 2001
- Studies on toxicity, anti-stress and hepato-protective properties of Kombucha tea. Pauline T, Dipti P, Anju B, Kavimani S, Sharma SK, Kain AK, Sarada SKS, Sairam M, Ilavazhagan G, Devendra Kumar and W Selvamurthy Biomed Env Sci, 14(3): 207-213, 2001
- Effects of chronic exposure to hand transmitted vibration in man AP Singh, MR Bhatia, N Kapoor and W Selvamurthy J Acous Soc Ind., 29(1–4): 463-470, 2001
- Sleep and performance - Recent trends Himashree G, Banerjee, PK and W Selvamurthy Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 46(1) 6-24: 2001
- A critical analysis of the noise attenuation and speech intelligibility performance of hearing protective device N Kapoor, RC Chaturvedi, A P Singh, RK Sharma, KK Srivastava and W Selvamurthy J. Acous. Soc. Ind., 29(1–4): 364 – 374, 2001
- Angiotensin converting enzyme insertion allele in relation to high altitude to adaptation MA Qadar Pasha, AP Khan, Ratan Kumar, SK Grover, RB Ram, Y Norboo, KK Srivastava, W Selvamurthy and SK Brahmachari Ann Hum Genet, 65(6): 531-536, 2001
- Cytoprotective and immunomodulatory properties of Geriforte, a herbomineral compound, in lymphocytes Anju Bansal, M Sairam, Dipti Prasad, SK Sharma, G Ilavazhagan, Devendra Kumar and W Selvamurthy J Phytomedicine, 8(6):438-444, 2001
- Human Nutrition in Environmental Extremes W. Selvamurthy, Praveen Vats, Radhey Shyam and Som Nath Singh Defence Food Requirements-01, DFRL, Mysore,20-21 Dec.2001
- Variations in angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism in Indian populations of different ethnic origins. Qadar Pasha MA, Khan AP, Kumar R, Ram RB, Grover SK, Srivastava KK, W Selvamurthy, Brahmachari SK. J. Biosci 27(1), 67-70, 2002.
- Aerobic capacity & perceived exertion after practice of Hatha yogic exercises U.S. Ray, B. Sinha, O.S. Tomer, A. Pathak, T. Dasgupta & W. Selvamurthy Ind. J. Med. Res. 114 : 215-22, 2002.
- Physiological Responses of Tropical Men during Sojourn in Polar Environment. W. Selvamurthy, S.S. Purkayastha, D. Majumdar, U.S. Ray and S.Mukhopadhya Advances in Marine and Antarctic Science. 2002, pp 259–281
- Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis Following Glucocorticoid Prophylaxis against Acute Mountain Sickness M. Basu, R.C. Sawhney, S. Kumar, K. Pal, R. Prasad & W. Selvamurthy Horm Metab Res 34:318-324, 2002
- Herbal Medicine for Armed Forces W. Selvamurthy, Ratan Kumar and Som Nath Singh XXXV Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, pp.
- Immediate treatment of frostbite using rapid rewarming in tea decoction followed by combined therapy of pentoxifylline, aspirin & vitamin C SS Purkayastha, G. Bhaumik, SKS Chauhan, PK Banerjee & W. Selvamurthy Indian J Med Res 116: July, 29-34, 2002.
- Effect of a carbohydrate supplement on feeding behaviour and exercise in rats exposed to hypobaric hypoxia A.Sharma, S.B. Singh, U. Panjwani, D.K. Yadav, K. Amitabh, S. Singh and W.Selvamurthy Appetite 39: 127-135, 2002.
- Glucocorticoids as prophylaxis against acute mountain sickness M.Basu, R.C. Sawhney, Surender Kumar, K.Pal, R.Prasad and W.Selvamurthy Clinical Endocrinology 57: 761-767, 2002.
- Thermoregulatory effects of Tropical Man in Antarctica with Reference to Special Clothing T.P. Baburaj, Gulab Singh, A.C. Bajaj, P.K. Banerjee and W. Selvamurthy Eighteenth Indian Expedition to Antarctica. Scientific Report, 2002 Department of Ocean Development, Technical Publication No. 16, pp. 305–336
- Women at altitude: Effects of Mountaineering Training on Adaptation and Work Performance S.S. Purkayastha, G. Bhaumik, S.K.S. Chauhan, P.K. Banerjee and W. Selvamurthy Ind. J. Physiol & Allied Sci. Vol.LVI, No.1, 2002
- Effect of High Altitude (HA) on Event Related Brain Potentials SB Singh, L Thakur, JP Anand, U Panjwani, Deepak Yadav and W. Selvamurthy Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 47(1): 52-58, 2003.
- Oxygen Saturation Response to Exercise VO2 at 2100 m and 4350m in Women Mountaineering Trainees. G. Bhaumik, S.S. Purkayastha, W Selvamurthy Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 47(1): 43-53, 2003
- Benefits of Herbal Food for Soldiers W. Selvamurthy, R. Kumar and S.N. Singh Longevity & Health 31, 2003
- Dimensional statistics for Estimation of Lung Volumes S.S. Verma, Y.K. Sharma, S. arora, P. Bandopadhyay and W. Selvamurthy Anthrop. Anz. Jg.61(1): 79-84, 2003.
- High altitude hypoxia: An intricate interplay of oxygen responsive macroevents and molecules S. Sarkar, P.K. Banerjee and W.Selvamurthy Molecular and Cellular Biochem 253: 287-305, 2003
- Hypoxic Ventilatory Response Changes of Men and Women 6 to 7 Days after climbing from 2100 m to 4350 m Altitude and after Descent Gopinath Bhaumik, Ram P. Sharma, Deepak Dass, Himmat Lama, Shri KS Chauhan, Shivu S Verma, W. Selvamurthy & P.K. Banerjee High Altitude Medicine & Biology Vol. 4, Number 3, 2003.
- Effect of Vitamin C and E supplementation in modulating the peripheral nerve conduction following cold exposure in humans Usha Panjwani, Depak K Yadav, Amitabh Kumar, SB Singh & W. Selvamurthy Int J Biometeorol. 48:103-107, 2003.
- Pathophysiology of Respiratory maladies at High Altitude. W Selvamurthy, Dass, D., & Himashree. G In : Trends in Respiratory Diseases (Pub) Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2003, pp. 111–119.
- Indigenisation of Nitric oxide therapy for treatment of HAPE. Himashree, G., Chattopadhyay, P.K. & W Selvamurthy In: Trends in Respiratory Diseases (Pub) Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2003, pp. 131–149.
- Nitric oxide and the respiratory system Himashree, G., Dass, D., Banerjee, P.K. and W Selvamurthy Current Science, 85(5): 607-614, 2003.
- Immunomodulatory effects of agents of plant origin Lilly Ganju, Dev Karan, Sudipta Chanda, KK Srivatava, RC Sawhney, W Selvamurthy Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 57: 296-300, 2003.
- Lead induced oxidative stress : beneficial effects of Kombucha tea P Dipati, B Yogesh, AK Khain, T Pauline, B Anju, M Sairam, SS Mongia, G Ilavazhagan, Devendra Kumar, W Selvamurthy Biomed Environ Sci, 16(3) 276-282, 2003.
- Brian stem auditory evoked responses in young urban and rural boys – a comparison Lalan Thakur, JP Anand, W Selvamurthy J Environ Biol. 24 (3):321-325, 2003.
- Arterial Oxygen saturation under hypoxic environment of high altitude associates with routines physical activities of natives. MA Qadar Pasha, KS Kocherlakota, AP Khan, T. Norboo, SK Grover, MA Baig, W. Selvamurthy and SK Brahmachari Current Science, 85(4) 2003
- Human Physiological Research in Antarctica : Role of DIPAS. In the Book: India in the Antarctic – Scientific and Geopolitical Perspectives. D Majumdar, PK Banerjee and W Selvamurthy Eds. Sanjay Chaturvedi, Neloy Khare and Prem Chand Pandey. Chapter 14. pp 211–215, 2004.
- Effect of high altitude on human auditory brain stem responses SB Singh, L Thakur, JP Anand, Deepak Yadav, Amitabh and W Selvamurthy Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 48(2): 230-234, 2004.
- Leptin may not be responsible for high altitude anorexia Praveen Vats, Som Nath Singh, Radhey Shyam, Vijay Kumar Singh, Shashi B Singh, PK Banerjee and W Selvamurthy High Altitude Biology & Medicine 5(1):90-94, 2004
- Effects of yoga and meditation on melatonin secretion Harinath K, Malhotra AS, Pal, Prasad R, Kumar R, Rai L, Sawhney RC and Selvamurthy W. Alter and Complement Med 10:120-129, 2004.
- Energy cost and cardio-respiratory changes during the practice of Surya Namaskar B Sinha, US Ray, A Pathak and W Selvamurthy Ind J Physiol Pharmacol 48 (2): 184-190, 2004
- Changes in visual evoked potentials on acute induction to high altitude SB Singh, L Thakur, JP Anand, Deepak Yadav, Amitabh, PK Banerjee and W Selvamurthy Ind J Med Res 120: 472-477, 2004.
- Immunomodulatory effects of Premna tomentosa (L. Verbenaceae) extract in J 779 macrophage cell cultures under chromate (VI)-induced immunosuppression KP Devi, M Sairam, M Sreepriya, T Devaki, G Ilavazhagan, W Selvamurthy J Altern Complement Med. 10(3):535-539, 2004.
- Chemoreceptors sensitivity in women mountaineering trainees of different altitudes inducted to 4350 m by trekking G Bhaumik, RP Sharma, YK Sharma, W Selvamurthy and PK Banerjee Defence Science Journal, Vol. 55, No. 4, Oct 2005, pp 427–235.
- Temporal spatial parameters of gait with barefoot, bathroom slippers and Military Boots D Majumdar, PK Banerjee, Deepti Majumdar, MS Paul, R Kumar and W Selvamurthy Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 50(1): 33-40, 2006.
- Acclimatisation to High Altitude in the Tien Shan: A Comparative Study of Indian and Kyrgyzis CK Basu, PK Banerjee, W Selvamurthy, A Sarybaev, MM Mirrakhimov Wilderess Environ Med.18(2): 106-110, 2007.
- Radiation Processing of Agri-Foods-Domestic and Export Market Potential Dr W Selvamurthy Proceeding of National Seminar on Radiation Processing of Agri-Foods-Domestic and Export Market Potential organized by Department of Home Science Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidylayam and Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, 21-32, 2007
- Capacity – Building in Defence Science and Technology : A Perspective from the DRDO Suranjan Pal and William Selvamurthy Strategic Analysis, Vol. 32, No.2. March 2008.
- Nano-Bio-IT Convergence. Pinnacle (in press) W Selvamurthy, Rao VK, Varshney R and Arora R.
- Development of Radiation Countermeasure Agents through harnessing high-altitude cold arid region bioresource. In: High altitude cold arid Agro Animal Technologies. Editors RB Srivastava and W Selvamurthy, Satish Publications, Delhi, India. Arora R and W Selvamurthy
- Mentha Species: A Pharmacological Perspective vis-à-vis Biological and Behavioral Radiation Protection. (Editor JN Govil) Arora R, Sharma J, Sharma A, Baliga MS and W Selvamurthy Ethnomedicine and Therapeutic Validation. Vol. 32, 257-375. Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants.
- Nano Materials and Devices for Indian Defence by W Selvamurthy and co-authored by K Muraleedharan and DBS Sethi.
- Dual-use of Technology in Bioterrorism: Issues in Biosecurity and Biosafety by W Selvamurthy, Rajesh Arora and PVL Rao.
- Dr W Selvamurthy[dead link]
- Nerve centre. Hinduonnet.com. Retrieved on 2013-03-05.
- DU Portal. Du.ac.in. Retrieved on 2013-03-05.
- Official Website of Fakir Mohan University. Fmuniversity.nic.in. Retrieved on 2013-03-05.
- Bio-data of Dr W. Selvamurthy[dead link]
- Welcome to the official website of Bharathiar University. B-u.ac.in. Retrieved on 2013-03-05.
- [dead link]
- Defence Institute of Psychological Research
- DIPAS Awards[dead link]
- Review of Advances in Ergonomics, Occupational Health and Safety[dead link]
- ''Soaring High: A Biography of V. K. Aatre''. Flipkart.com (2005-06-01). Retrieved on 2013-03-05.